Boat Covers and Snow Reminder

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by fffffish, Jan 29, 2009.

1. fffffish

fffffish Muskie 1 Trolling Thunder

Just a reminder if you have your boat outside you need to get the snow off the cover or it will push the poles through cover or tear the seams out this is a lot of heavy SNOW.

Not sure where on the board to post this

2. Toxic

Toxic Defensor Fortis

This is a good place for it. Thanks for reminding everyone.

I got sick and tired of my cover set up. So I made a frame out of 2" PVC that covers the front of my boat. It used to have spots were the snow or water would collect and pool-up. Now with this set up, the cover stretches out nice. The water rolls off and the snow doesn't accumulate as much.

3. snake69

snake69 Equal opportunity fishing

I know that I watch mine very closely. I'll bet I cleaned it off at least 4 times yesterday!!

4. Watch mine closely, Cleaned off a thick layer of ice and at least 3 or 4 inches of snow last night. What a storm, kind of takes me back to the 70's. Anyhow
    good reminder, somebody is not going to heed the advice and will be sorry.

5. The ice has built up under the snow and I can't do anything about it right now. I'll be watching for a warm day to try again....

6. Who knows a good canvas guy? Either near the Catawba Is. or near Columbus?

Thanks

7. Thompson4240 Get hold of this guy he is right in your area ,supper work no one better. Boat Bonnets 4088 S old State Rd. Lewis Center OH 740 657 1161 he is on old state rd He is on the road that runs in front of the Alum Creek Beach. Tight lines Fishguy

8. Thanks I'll give him a call on Monday.

9. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

mine has one of those porta roofs over it. so far this year it has held up very well.

10. I dusted mine off yesterday,quite a load on it. I'm hoping with the warmer weather today,the sun will melt the rest.

11. jennis9

jennis9 Fish against the fish...

Ours is clean, but that last storm made me nervous.

WE used pvc to make our support and it worked great -- also used some of that pipe insulation for waterpipes to help make it softer. worked good.

come on spring thaw.

12. I cleaned mine off after the snow, before I even did my drive way...haha definitley a lot of snow and ice on it.