close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Boat carpet

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Stampede, May 4, 2004.

1. Stampede

Stampede The Fish Feeder

Besides a vacuum cleaner,how do you clean your boat carpet when it gets dirty?
    I figured out what an avatar is.
    One of these days,i'll learn how to use this thing.

2. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

If mine get real dirty I use carpet cleaner, mix it up in a bucket and use a scrub brush. I then just hose it down pull the drain plug and let it dry. I have a 19.2 Champion boat and it does a good job. Crank the dolly wheel until it get in an angle that allows it to drain. Also those carpet cleaners in a can that foam up work well for smaller areas.

3. I use Oxyclean. Mix it with some warm water and use a scrub brush. Hose it out. The I use the wet dry vac to suck out most of the water. Then sun dry for freshness :rolleyes: .

4. I Just Used The Power Washer The Other Day For Mine At The Car Wash.worked Great...just Ask Exexec.... :d

5. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Car wash.....be sure you can pull out before you pull in......

6. Your Right With That 1 Mr.fish..i Tow An 19fter.so I Chked That Out Real Good...

7. Stampede

Stampede The Fish Feeder

I thought about the car wash.Wasn't sure if the soaps would be to harsh.Just wash it all at once ;) Never thought about regular carpet cleaner.
    Thanks for the imput.

8. UFM82

UFM82 The one others want to be

I have used that stuff exclusively for two years now after I tried it on my Sea Nymph. It whips stains and dirt like nothing. Shad guts, blood, catfish slime, 2-cycle oil, etc. It gets them all out. I'll put a cup in a 5 gallon bucket of hot water and get the scrub brush. Just soak the carpet with the stuff and let it sit for about 15 minutes, then scrub it. I have not had a stain yet that didn't clean up. Plus, the stuff doesn't smell bad either.

It also does a great job on water scum lines on the hull. I've used it on a lot of clean up jobs and it works great. I can get a gallon of the stuff at Sam's for about $8 or so.

UFM82

9. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

I'm a Simple Green fan too...haven't found anything it won't clean. I even scrub my concrete with it before I pressure wash. Good stuff.

10. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

On the same subject, I want to install carpet in my boat. Anyone know where I can get it, and the best methods to install it.

thanks,

flash------------------------out

11. fishingful

fishingful Time to fish!

i got some good rubber backed outdoor carpet at home depot (or lowes) and glueed it to the floor with outdor carpet glue and never had a problem with it in my 17 footer looked good too their is also some roll on stuff with rubber in it in the cabellas tackle shop book that i got in the mail to day it is called tuff coat that looks good too e-z to clean comes in 7 colors hoped that helps...jim

p.s. it may help you to keep you boat together (i could not miss a stab ;) )