Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
The Fish Feeder
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Besides a vacuum cleaner,how do you clean your boat carpet when it gets dirty?
I figured out what an avatar is.
One of these days,i'll learn how to use this thing.

·
Original OGF Staff member and owner
13,422 Posts
If mine get real dirty I use carpet cleaner, mix it up in a bucket and use a scrub brush. I then just hose it down pull the drain plug and let it dry. I have a 19.2 Champion boat and it does a good job. Crank the dolly wheel until it get in an angle that allows it to drain. Also those carpet cleaners in a can that foam up work well for smaller areas.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I use Oxyclean. Mix it with some warm water and use a scrub brush. Hose it out. The I use the wet dry vac to suck out most of the water. Then sun dry for freshness :rolleyes: .

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I Just Used The Power Washer The Other Day For Mine At The Car Wash.worked Great...just Ask Exexec.... :d

·
The Fish Feeder
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thought about the car wash.Wasn't sure if the soaps would be to harsh.Just wash it all at once ;) Never thought about regular carpet cleaner.
Thanks for the imput.

·
The one others want to be
2,214 Posts
I have used that stuff exclusively for two years now after I tried it on my Sea Nymph. It whips stains and dirt like nothing. Shad guts, blood, catfish slime, 2-cycle oil, etc. It gets them all out. I'll put a cup in a 5 gallon bucket of hot water and get the scrub brush. Just soak the carpet with the stuff and let it sit for about 15 minutes, then scrub it. I have not had a stain yet that didn't clean up. Plus, the stuff doesn't smell bad either.

It also does a great job on water scum lines on the hull. I've used it on a lot of clean up jobs and it works great. I can get a gallon of the stuff at Sam's for about $8 or so.

UFM82

·
Premium Member
2007 Stratos 486 FS
13,614 Posts
I'm a Simple Green fan too...haven't found anything it won't clean. I even scrub my concrete with it before I pressure wash. Good stuff.

·
Time to fish!
4,985 Posts
i got some good rubber backed outdoor carpet at home depot (or lowes) and glueed it to the floor with outdor carpet glue and never had a problem with it in my 17 footer looked good too their is also some roll on stuff with rubber in it in the cabellas tackle shop book that i got in the mail to day it is called tuff coat that looks good too e-z to clean comes in 7 colors hoped that helps...jim

p.s. it may help you to keep you boat together (i could not miss a stab ;) )

1 - 11 of 11 Posts