close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Boat Camping

Discussion in 'The Camp Fire' started by Capt.Muskey, Mar 17, 2008.

1. Capt.Muskey

Capt.Muskey Ohio Fishing Militia

Do any of you camp-out on your boats??
    I got a cutty cabin and the wife and I have spent quite a few nights on the water in her. It's awesome, letting the waves rock you to sleep. (makes it a little hard to walk on land in the morning though :eek: )
    We ankor in a cove, put a battery lantern on top, and bunk down for the night. nice and cozy.
    We have even slept in the boat, trailered at the campground while the kids slept in their tent next to us.
    After sleeping in the boat, I don't think I'd buy a camper now.

2. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

when i first got my cuddy i stayed out in it in while it was sitting in the drive on the trailer(by choice.lol). just a sleeping bag, pillow and bottle of water. i even stayed over night a few times at mosquitos docks when i had one there at the state park. that was a great nights sleep, except for all the people going fishing the next morning, made me get up too early:( . i will say it was much better than laying on the ground in a tent.

3. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

Oh Yeah. Before I bought a camper 4 years ago, I'd spend the weekend on the boat...mostly at Fenwick Marina or on lake Cumberland. Electric is a must in early spring though...have to pull out the ceramic heater to keep things nice and cozy. :D