Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
the Susan Lucci of OGF
15,946 Posts
id say all of the public lakes allow it. you just need to be off the main lake. but that is just a guess:confused: :D call mosquitos state park office. they will tell you. when i had a dock there they told me they welcomed boat camping. but that was at the park docks.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I see people all the time camping on their boats at Salt Fork - they usually are up in the fingers and anchored out.............sucks when I have to go around them to fish the banks early in the mornings..........

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
i believe silver bay at west branch allows boat camping i,ve seen a good sise boat all nite a few yrs back.

·
Registered
946 Posts
with the boat your buying you can "camp" anywhere..just remember you need to leave your anchor light on and dont park where you might get hit

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
i camp in my cuddy all the time...salt fork mainly but also tappan and seneca... some have designated ereas but just stay within 50' of shore off main lake

·
Registered
209 Posts
Piedmont has designated boat camping areas on shore - when busy you may find all are full of houseboats. Maybe some of the other MWCD lakes.

I don't think you can just throw a tent on any shoreline - but if you have the boat pulled up on shore OK - not sure if regs against it or not.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
with the boat your buying you can "camp" anywhere..just remember you need to leave your anchor light on and dont park where you might get hit
I was reading and studying for my test (the January 1, 1982 Law)
It stated: "In designated areas permitting boat camping." I'm like, where is this at. Anyways, I'm sendin in my test Monday, hoping all goes well.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I know you can camp on your boat at Salt Fork for sure but I'm not aware of what the regs are. Check with the ODNR or the Ranger Station. I'm sure one of them could probably help you out.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I see sail boats back in the bays at Seneca lake all the time. One morning about 5:30 am my 15 year old nephew and I was fishing for bass don’t think the women knew we were there. My nephew got his eyes full he was in a good mood all day

1 - 10 of 10 Posts