close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Boat boarded and left with issues

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by duckman, Oct 6, 2007.

1. duckman

duckman Dr Data

I was pretty upset yesterday! I took the day off to have a 4 day weekend fishing. I ended up with one day and a sore back!

Why you ask because someone got on my boat left the cover partially off the radio on and vhf on. They also tore out the snaps on the cover that snap it to the windshield. There was water on the carpet below which will now need cleaned. Now I did have a for sale sign on the boat but that is not a sign to come in and do damage.

The reason my back is now in spasm is because I had to replace the dead batteries which I had a spare in the boat and one in the car. I am not 20 any more and contorting to get those suckers down there is a big deal.

I took down the for sale sign because I don't want anyone else thinking they are invited to trash the boat.

I'm done.... anyone want to chime in on how is brought this on myself

btw i did suck it up and fish for a couple of hours and did well sorting through 10" fish to put 12"s in the cooler... but all day long the back got worse

2. Whaler

Whaler Whaler

What type of boat is it, a Bass Boat ?

3. duckman

duckman Dr Data

4. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

sorry to hear that,but at least nothing was stolen.

5. duckman

duckman Dr Data

Yeah not sure why Freyed but I seem to screw up my back just before the duck season every year now!

Nothing was taken and it didn't seem malicious but sure had an impact... just a little respect for other people stuff is all i ask

6. I agree. Sounds less like a vandal/thief and more like some clueless moron checking out the boat for sale. Next time I would put up a sign that says "For Sale By Appointment Only" and give a phone#. Hopefully they can read.