Boat and trailer stuck in mud boat storage area at Berlin Lake

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by austjj, May 16, 2018.

1. I have my boat and trailer stuck in storage area in muddy area. I just read that if I lowered tire pressure from 35lbs to 23 this would give me better traction. I don't want to get my suv stuck again, its not 4 wheel drive. Any suggestions or tips. I am going to check my boat insurance to see about this being covered. Doubt it since its off road.

2. Eastside Al

Eastside Al fishin is fun

Get someone with 4x4 to pull it out.

snapper, Gottagofishn and backfar like this.

3. fastwater

fastwater "My grace is sufficient for you"

Or someone close with a tractor.
    How big/heavy is the boat?

Gottagofishn likes this.
  4. 3500 to 3900 lbs. I am in farm area and that is good idea

fastwater likes this.
  5. I did ask the guy who helped me, but he said his tires were not good and he did not want to get stuck. But he was able to pull my SUV out backwards.

6. fastwater

fastwater "My grace is sufficient for you"

Being in farm country, thinkin the tractor route may be the way to go.

7. Yes, its farm country for sure and I will check and see who is nearby with a tractor. I also know local tow truck owner and will see what he will charge.

fastwater likes this.
  8. be very careful you can bend a axle ,rib something loose real easy, maybe better to wait for a few days of sun.

Skippy likes this.
  9. TDD11

TDD11

Post your general location? I'm sure someone here may even be nearby and willing to help.

fastwater likes this.
  10. The boat is on 224 less than 1 mile from deerfield circle.

11. Harry1959

Harry1959 Harry

A chain and a come-along

Snakecharmer likes this.
  12. What is a come-along

13. You'd be wise to partially jack it up out of the mud first. Put some wood blocks & boards in the craters that are under the tires so you don't damage an axle when you're pulling it out. If you connect on to it with something big there's always the possibility of doing some damage to the running gear.

slipsinker and G.lock like this.
  14. It's a portable block and tackle pulley portable type winch. Google it...

15. G.lock

G.lock

Fireman Mike has a really good idea!

16. The trailer is not really in mud. The mud is where my SUV was in the front. Where the trailer is sitting is wet but not mud. I talked to local tow truck owner and he said that his trucks are too heavy to drive on mud and to let the area dry out. He said he could winch it out, will wait and see. I am going to see about 4 wheel drive truck or suv.

17. Thanks to all for your tips and suggestions. Today was sunny and windy, did yard work headed out to boat and trailer around 3. I felt it was safe to try and all went well. Now to find outside boat storage area at $20/25 a month.

BlueMax and fastwater like this.