Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As wavewarrior and I were coming into the harbor at Hot Waters saw the CG boat then the blue lights. Wave shut it down and they pulled along side us and asked if we have ever been boarded by the CG our answer was no just an inspection. It was part of Operation Dry Water going on this weekend. They ran our ID's and inspected boat and safety equipment. We got a Good as Gold Paper which is a good thing. The one boat that tried to get by us with a rider on the bow was also told to pull over and wait. He tried to blow by them telling them he already had a boat inspection and was having motor problems. He was strictly told to get bak here and wait! We didn't mind it but was told to clean the engine even though I think you could eat off it. If you see the blue lights better be at idle speed if your in 100 ft. To keep it a fishing report it sucked. One eye after trying every program and covering miles of water and one lost cell phone. Jeffs phone some how got hooked to the line at the rod tip and as I was yelling Jeff your phone it fell off.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
As wavewarrior and I were coming into the harbor at Hot Waters saw the CG boat then the blue lights. Wave shut it down and they pulled along side us and asked if we have ever been boarded by the CG our answer was no just an inspection. It was part of Operation Dry Water going on this weekend. They ran our ID's and inspected boat and safety equipment. We got a Good as Gold Paper which is a good thing. The one boat that tried to get by us with a rider on the bow was also told to pull over and wait. He tried to blow by them telling them he already had a boat inspection and was having motor problems. He was strictly told to get bak here and wait! We didn't mind it but was told to clean the engine even though I think you could eat off it. If you see the blue lights better be at idle speed if your in 100 ft. To keep it a fishing report it sucked. One eye after trying every program and covering miles of water and one lost cell phone. Jeffs phone some how got hooked to the line at the rod tip and as I was yelling Jeff your phone it fell off.
after i thought man my engine is clean as hell i realized it was sarcasm when he said i should clean it once in a while!!(my engine is SPOTLESS!!);) ahd no problem with them checking us as we only drink on land when no one is driving...

·
KrustyDawg
2,632 Posts
I tried to call you guys to give you a report but a sheepshead named Roscoe answered and started singing the McDonalds fillet of fish song !:D J/K losing a phone sucks !

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
I tried to call you guys to give you a report but a sheepshead named Roscoe answered and started singing the McDonalds fillet of fish song !:D J/K losing a phone sucks !
thats funny i dont care who ya are!!! thank goodness i had it insured...$50 ded. and new one on the way priority mail..cant get one at the store i guess unless i want to pay full price!:mad:

·
Registered
391 Posts
It has happend to me oooooo 4 years in a row I think. Hey better safe than sorry. Still dont like the gard though

"Still dont like the gard though" ?????????

USCG will lay down their lives to save yours. They keep the Canadian Commercial boys out of our waters, they keep the drunks off the water as best they can, do their best to keep our borders secure and are first on the scene to investigate and control pollution spills.

If you are doing nothing wrong, you have nothing to worry about. Thank God for the USCG!

KI-Jim

Member-USCG Auxiliary

·
Registered
1,731 Posts

USCG will lay down their lives to save yours. They keep the Canadian Commercial boys out of our waters, they keep the drunks off the water as best they can, do their best to keep our borders secure and are first on the scene to investigate and control pollution spills.

If you are doing nothing wrong, you have nothing to worry about. Thank God for the USCG!

KI-Jim

Member-USCG Auxiliary
I can't agree more. Ki-Jim I am glad they are out there

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Glad you replied Jim. I'm in the USAF(21 years). The CG is often overlooked as one of the military services. Not only do they work the Great Lakes from invading Canadians LOL, but they keep us safe out there. They also deploy overseas to those big sandy areas in the middle east and it's ports. I think they deserve accolades just as much as the Army, USAF, Navy and Marines. On a history note the CG played a big part in the Normandy invasion.

KI-Jim

Member-USCG Auxiliary

·
MOD SQUAD
13,657 Posts
maybe george stole his woman:D

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I agree with Norm. They're there through it all and if you get stuck out in those big waves with a boat not running they can't look out the window and say its raining and rough I'm going back to bed. they will be there.
Im glad their patroling for the Caniadiens. ;) now if we can get the walleyes to have to have tro have a passport and check in and out maybe we can keep them down here:D

·
Banned
4,058 Posts
maybe george stole his woman:D
no comment ;)

Dont like the Guard? No worries--we get that alot.

We're kind of like police officers---we dont get respected untill we are needed, and we're fully aware of that.

Every morning i strap up my boots or put on my gun belt the hairs on my arm stand up, i love it. I wouldnt trade what i do for any job out there.

Sounds like you have a bad taste stuck in your mind from a past experience, and thats understandable. Just remember, we are standing by channel 16 all day everyday.

"We stop funerals and end grieving, We re-start worlds"
----USCG

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
I've never needed their services (thank God), but I too am very greatful for the CG. I've seen them perform training drills up at the lake in water nobody should be out in. It takes some pretty big "cohonies" to run a boat or chopper out in the crap the CG does. I remember my buddy saying outloud that "they were some bad dudes" watching them blast out into the huge surf.

And on a related note - why do some get so upset about a boat inspection or a dry check (not you rattle)? I hear people whine and moan for a simple safety inspection at inland lakes? These checks take just a few minutes and they are doing this to HELP the public. It keeps dangerous people off the water and reminds those that may be lacking some equipment to get things in order. It is for your own safety - not because they like to harrass boaters!

·
Registered
466 Posts
Hear we go.
I'm not alloud to have a opinion?
I dont drink and have never had a violation when boarded by them.

There is one guy that I have come across in both the Vermilion and Black river that is a total A-hole. LOVES his authority.

Thats all. Chillax will ya

oh yeah, thanks for your service

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Hear we go.
I'm not alloud to have a opinion?
I dont drink and have never had a violation when boarded by them.

There is one guy that I have come across in both the Vermilion and Black river that is a total A-hole. LOVES his authority.

Thats all. Chillax will ya

oh yeah, thanks for your service

EVERYONE is entitled to their opinion, just should be smart enough to NOT SHARE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
1,754 Posts
as wavewarrior and i were coming into the harbor at hot waters saw the cg boat then the blue lights. Wave shut it down and they pulled along side us and asked if we have ever been boarded by the cg our answer was no just an inspection. It was part of operation dry water going on this weekend. They ran our id's and inspected boat and safety equipment. We got a good as gold paper which is a good thing. The one boat that tried to get by us with a rider on the bow was also told to pull over and wait. He tried to blow by them telling them he already had a boat inspection and was having motor problems. He was strictly told to get bak here and wait! We didn't mind it but was told to clean the engine even though i think you could eat off it. If you see the blue lights better be at idle speed if your in 100 ft. To keep it a fishing report it sucked. One eye after trying every program and covering miles of water and one lost cell phone. Jeffs phone some how got hooked to the line at the rod tip and as i was yelling jeff your phone it fell off.
me and a buddy went up sat out of hot waters we caught some nice eyes in 18 to 20 fow we got 10 and lost about 15 using stick baits in brown color going back up on wed

·
KrustyDawg
2,632 Posts
me and a buddy went up sat out of hot waters we caught some nice eyes in 18 to 20 fow we got 10 and lost about 15 using stick baits in brown color going back up on wed
You sure those were'nt steelhead with that hook up to landed ratio ?:confused: Better sharpen those hooks or get a landing net !

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
no comment ;)

Dont like the Guard? No worries--we get that alot.

We're kind of like police officers---we dont get respected untill we are needed, and we're fully aware of that.

Every morning i strap up my boots or put on my gun belt the hairs on my arm stand up, i love it. I wouldnt trade what i do for any job out there.

Sounds like you have a bad taste stuck in your mind from a past experience, and thats understandable. Just remember, we are standing by channel 16 all day everyday.

"We stop funerals and end grieving, We re-start worlds"
----USCG
Standing at attention and saluting. Thanks George.
I loved my jobs in the AF while I had it. I was just putting in my 2 cents and did mean to ruffle feathers

1 - 20 of 42 Posts