Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made it down to the river for the 2nd time this season. Just haven't had the fever this year.

Started fishing about 9:45 and was done by 11. First fish on second cast, 2nd by my tenth cast, my leader broke off on my 3rd and got away, tied another on next cast another fish, and 4th took about a half hour to get. Fish were very aggressive and just were hammering it. Now's the time if u want some easy fishing.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I fished the island also from 4:15-7:30. Got my 4 but it was embarassing that it took that long. Guys I fish with year after year were giving me a serious hard time about how long it took me. It is gonna be a zoo so I should not add to it but the fish are there big time and the water is warm enough to make them suicidal. If you need a river fix now is the time.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
By the way if you are going Sat. or Sun. morning, I would recommend a helmet with a face sheild. The circus will be spilling out of the tent without a doubt.

·
Administrator
9,457 Posts
Snick! I abandoned the river for the lake. Netted 3 out of 5 in two hours with some of the OGF crew. I was by myself and soon relized how rusty my netting skills had become... rod in one hand... six foot net in the other. Lost two at the boat and tried to make it 4!

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know what u mean about Saturday. I'm sitting here an hour before sunrise reading post and trying to decide if one of my eyes is worth 4 walleye. I think I'm waiting till tomorrow evening when everybody leaves.:)

·
Registered
180 Posts
I fished Jarome road Thursday and Friday and limited in about 2 hrs. There was a line of 50-80 guys standing 6-7 feet apart and everybody was catching fish. Saturday and Sunday may be suicidal.

·
Overrated since 80'
103 Posts
I got my first limit on Saturday...3" Pink blush with a pink and white floater was the ticket..All 4 inside out! This board is an awesome resource...Thanks Guys!

Attachments

·
Banned
544 Posts
...nice catch Mr.....i was on the river Sat afternoon and gotem all too. started off slow @ Sidecut with one, but finshed off nicely @ Bluegrass with four coming in 40 minutes.
D'arcy Egan was there (Sidecut) with his wife fishing along side of me. they were filming the days event. even got the opportunity to meet him and the camera man filmed me and my fish, as D'arcy was holding it and the camera man took close ups of the 18" jack. that was my 30 seconds of fame for the day.
it sure was a pretty day to be on the river.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts