Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone do any fishing there? I went last weekend and caught a small cat and a small smallsie. Loads of pads out there but doesn't look like much luck is being had.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Was there a couple weeks ago. Caught 13 working the edge of the pads with Flukes.

Anyone do any fishing there? I went last weekend and caught a small cat and a small smallsie. Loads of pads out there but doesn't look like much luck is being had.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
I was there the week before the fourth of July. My relatives live in the area and we have our family reunion there every year. I didn't fish but my son did - He caught a couple small bass and lots of gills. I did watch a guy in a canoe catch one that looked like it was probably around 2 to 3 pounds. My cousin fishes it a lot and his personal best is a little over 5 LBS.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It used to be a lot better. The lilypads on the southern shore are always my favorite. I use a lot of scumfrogs here. I've caught my largest there, at the steep banks between the beaver dam and bench on the southern shore. There is a fairly large tree in the water. Try to hit that heavy. The lilies around the bench at the inlet can be a great place. Always try the docks. You can usually catch at least one, even if it's small. I used to be able to pull a few out of the creek every time I went, but not much anymore. Avoid the eastern side lilies.. It gets pretty choked and shallow. I haven't had a lot of luck in the northern pond, but I have seen some large ones there. There's a lot of places for them to hide, but accessing them can even be difficult. Definitely a scumfrog area. Or maybe drop jigs and texas rigged worms in any opening you can find. I've never had that great of luck on the northern or western shores. You can definitely catch them there, but they are hit pretty heavy by shore fishermen. At dusk, after the swimmers are gone, if you sneakily (I've been yelled at by a game warden!) hit the swimming area with a texas rigged worm, you could have the time of your life. It's a great lake for being so populated, but it has become overrun recently. I shore fished it since I was 8, and you used to have to make your own paths to the shore-even until recently. Now there is access basically around the entire pond.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow, good info. Got a couple of scum frogs just for this place. Thought about going to the muskingum river for a while also.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So much rain the lake wsd pretty much mud. No one out there was catching anything including myself. Better luck next time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts