1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
grip master
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife is a nurse at Summa, said the Blue Angels are suppose
to fly over the hospital between 10:30 and 11:30 am today,
in support of health-care workers. If you're in the area check
out. If you dont' see them, you will definitely hear them.

·
STX 206 Viper
1,873 Posts
Unfortunately that has changed. It won’t be Blue Angels now, instead it will be a pair of C130s.

Reactions: Slatebar

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Nice gesture............However, i wounder what that is costing us taxpayers..

How about using that fuel money and giving it right to health care workers

I always thought that was petty criticism, pilots need to fly to stay current as do the aircraft. Bad things happen to airplanes that are mothballed, even for a short period.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Good points...Thanks for changing my view on this
Their public practices are also free out of Pensacola almost every week (several times per week prior to and post airshow season), but now they have nobody to perform for. It is something I enjoy going to see every vacation down there. So, we pay for their fuel regardless. And, they probably won't be performing airshows this summer.

Let them roar across every city in the country as far as I'm concerned. I would love to see them streaking over Columbus myself personally, it would be quite a sight, and a once in a lifetime at that.

This is the free practice they have down in Penscola. My kids enjoy this as much as they do the beach. What this video doesn't capture is just the pure power of these jets. At 13:40 when that guy comes in lower over 700mph, your shirt literally shakes you are that close. It is an amazing experience. Recommended if you vacation down there. If you don't vacation down there, you need to go to see this sometime.

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
Rickenbacker use to have an air show that was free to the public. One year the Blue Angels appeared. Absolutely amazing. Worth every tax dollar to see them fly.
Not totally sure why the Air Shows were canceled years ago, but, to me the cost of putting it on and letting me see some of the military aircraft was worth it. It also made me feel like an American. You walked away feeling very proud to be an American.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
My favorite weekend to fish was Labor Day. We would launch at Edgewater, head out to the crib and catch a cooler full of perch, watch the Blue Angels fly over us....sometimes low enough to see the pilot! We would have the Tribe game on the radio the whole time. it was great!

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I support it 100%.... But send a flite of B52's along but in a different direction and see who most of the peoples heads will turn to..:p Buff's Rule..

Reactions: fastwater

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
I saw them from work there was pair of of C-130's. I knew what they were when I heard them way before seeing them.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
they need the C130's larger tank capacity to spray over the greater areas in the "fly over states".

come on. someone had to say it... ;^)
Chemtrails... :D

Reactions: privateer

·
Registered
808 Posts
The 180th fighter wing out of toledo express airport will be doing the same today from 130 to 230 flying around toledo and tomorrow Sandusky and points east I'm not sure what fighter jets will be flying though.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts