Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems mother nature keeps screwing with my fishing plans. Every time I take a day off to fish, here comes the flood! Trying to determine what waters are least (or slowest) effected by all the storms we've been getting? Any help? I need to fish SOMEWHERE tomorrow.:confused:

·
The Ohio Outdoors
362 Posts
Sorry I can't help you out for tomorrow. I haven't been out in a month, just haven't had the time. I will tell you though, that I plan on taking off either next Saturday or Sunday and having a good day worth of fishing. Let me know if you're free, and we'll work something out...

·
Float Tubing Fanatic
241 Posts
Especially with this latest rain, things will be tough. All the rivers and creeks will be muddy and debris filled. Best bet would be an inland body of water but there are few of those near Marietta. I would say try Veto Lake and bring a container of chicken livers with you. Yes, the water there will be muddy also but the catfish won't have any trouble honing in on the livers and you won't be fighting trash, limbs, and current that you would be in any creek or river.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just to answer my own question, I checked http://waterdata.usgs.gov/ and found that the L. Muskingum near Bloomfield looked reasonable, so I went on my first ever wading trip Sat. for a couple hours. No smallies but missed a nice Musky? (or Pike) right as I was pulling my tube out of the water about an arms length away that really got the blood pumpin.' Anyway, just wanted to let you know that that site can be helpful finding places to fish under tough conditions or letting you know what water to avoid.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts