close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Bloodhound.Exploit.6 virus detected when opening ogf

Discussion in 'Computing & Gaming Discussions' started by hardwaterfan, Dec 31, 2004.

1. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

NAV is detecting a virus in my temp files as i open this website. This happened twice in the last two days. Anyone else experiencing this?

Bloodhound.Exploit.6

Is it me or the site?

2. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

I am and the script specified Ohiogamefishing as a source.

3. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

I am not getting a virus yet, but I do get alot of spyware from this site...I can run ad-aware before going to ogf and then agin after, and it picks up alot of bugs after I visit.

4. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

I just tried it out agin...I ran ad-aware and it picked up 12 tracking cookies..I deleted them, and clicked on OGF..I clicked on 5 pages and then I ran ad-aware agin...It found 6 new tracking cookies..I dont think this is harmfull to your pc, but not sure.

5. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

this virus was picked up by norton anti-virus

6. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Thanks for the heads up guys, and sorry for any problems it may have caused. We're tracking it right now, and we'll kill it.

7. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

8. bill_gfish

bill_gfish Well, Gee Whiz!

to ad what catfishjunter said you can change your provacy to prompt you everytime a cookie tries to get put on your puter. Just click do not accept and and check so it only will ask you that time. tools,internet options, privacy, advanced options and click on prompt on both and check override cookie handling, I have mine set to allow session cookies as well (what ever that means) and once I get the prompt I won't get the same one again. You can choose which ones you want, ie.. ohiogamefishing.com and other boards you go to so they can recognize you and not have to reenter your user name and password. If you cant get into a site or something cuz you blocked a certain cookie all you have to do is find the one you need and refused and delete it in the edit area of the privacy tab.

bill

9. Or you can just run Firefox or another browser. I have been running Firefox for a few months now and have really cut out spyware problems. Most spyware is designed specifically to function against Internet Explorer and thus does not affect the other browsers.