close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Blanchard River

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by irishfisherman, Jul 22, 2004.

1. irishfisherman

irishfisherman Da' Irish Guy

Does anyone fish the Blanchard river (for Smallies) in or around the Findlay area?

2. are you new to the area/website? all your posts are asking people to give up their money holes. =)

3. irishfisherman

irishfisherman Da' Irish Guy

LOL that obvious huh? yeah i'm origionally from Ireland, i just started fishing here pretty recently, not having too much luck mind u, just looking for a few pointers in the right direction, certainly not expecting u guys to give me all your best tricks or your own personal money holes, but maybe a rough location were to go and what works :D

4. i've never fished it but i hear they catch a few in there. if i were you i would try the auglaize or make the trip up to the maumee. According to the DNR the auglaize is supposed to be one of the better smallie spots in the state. i have no idea where on the river though as i've never fished it.

5. Ray_IL

Ray_IL Banned

irishfisherman ... it seems the water below Findlay is a lil' better suited for L-Bass, while the upstream riffles between Findlay n' Mount Blanchard have more S-Bass as a rough rule .. however in the past I have done well in the riffles between Gilboa & countyline with low water...

-you've also got a couple of dams in town & a couple of more out by the res to try below...also try wadin' the big boulders below rt#568..

-a lil' advice from days gone by -- :)