Blacks everywhere!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by chadwimc, Apr 21, 2008.

1. Morels that is...

Found Sunday afternoon.

2. what part of the state was this in?

3. I found 253 yesterday in about 2 hours.....left about 30-40 because they were older and dried out......they were everywhere! Not small either, about the size of whats in the other pictures. 95% BLACKS
    First time I have ever had to give some away because I couldn't eat them all.....:)

4. BigSteve

BigSteve Member

Nice haul jkeeney20, can't beat that. Next time you could always dry out the extras and save them for the times of the year when there are none. however it's always nice to share one's harvest. Good job.

5. Nice hunting, thats a sweet pic with your boy finding shrooms. Cant wait to get my little boy out hunting witth me! Those are some nice blacks, good size, hopefully it shows how this season is going to be. Monster golds fir all!!!!

6. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

beautiful pics.....still patiently waiting up here..have never found any blacks but the grays/yellows should start any day now.

7. hardwaterfan

chadwimc, is that primarily oak and beech i see in those pics? mainly in the third pic. looks like a lot of oak leaves in the first pic. did it seem like they were relating to any particular type of tree?

8. the greys and yellows are starting to just come up, found a few of them in the mix but they were real small.

HARDWATERFAN.....found almost all of mine around elm and popular trees.

9. hardwaterfan

thanks for the info, thats a heck of a nice haul you made too!

10. this is what I had left after giving a lot away...kept most of he bigger ones for myself....mmmm they were good with that freshly caught trout! :)

[​IMG]

11. MLAROSA

MLAROSA Loving Life

Was out today, TO DRY, NEED RAIN! :(

Hopefully we get some this weekend.

All it would take at this moment is one good 45 minute pop up thunderstorm.

12. Ok i have never tried or hunted shrooms . Are blakcs better then others ?

13. shroomhunter

shroomhunter USMC 1979-1983

The mushrooms have all left for Michigan, there just aren't any left in Ohio;)

14. Tom Patrick

Tom Patrick Love To Fish

Monday, my son and I found 24 greys near Springfield. No big ones, but they taste good. All 24 were in a three foot diameter, at the edge of the woods. Hunted the woods two hours, and found nothing, go figure. Hoping for a little rain so the big ones will pop-up in my favorite areas.

15. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Going on this weekend after turkey hunting... it's unfair havn't found one in Cincinnati since I've lived here :(

16. I went out yesterday and found more ticks than mushrooms. Ended up with 4 different ticks on me. Not one shroom.

17. BigSteve

BigSteve Member

I hate ticks, the little bastards.

18. Went out yesterday, my first time this year. Didnt count them but I figure about 50-60 with some fist sized ones mixed in, guessing about 4-5 lbs, all under 1 elm tree. Sorry that I dont have a camera guys or I would post a pic. This was in western PA. Heading out this morning.