Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Mad SOT YAKER!
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a few hours tonight so the son and I headed out down the road a few miles to wade Blacklick, which because of the drought is BARELY flowing and very shallow, holes small and a long distance apart, fish holding more on structure with current (to break the surface) with shade than deeper water. All fish caught 1 foot or shallower, I was using pumpkinseed 4" tube and son using 1/32 tubes. He caught a darn northern hog sucker, first one I ever seen caught and fairly big, plus a few rockies. I had about a dozen with 3 "big" ones( for blacklick that is). One is the biggest SM I ever caught out of there, took me under the biggest tree snag pulling drag(using ultralight 4 pound test, I know, 4" tube, just experimenting!). Enough talk, heres 2 pics.

Attachments

·
fishing from a kayak
882 Posts
Looks good Mike.
I almost got skunked tonight, except this little guy prevented the shutout.

Nothing for 3 hours then a 17 1/2" on the way back to the truck.
The darby has been a cruel mistress this year. Either nothing or scraps with the occasional pb smallie thrown in to keep you coming back for more abuse.

Hopefully we can find some more saturday.

·
Lucky Fisher, or skilled?
1,887 Posts
nice night to be out. Nice fish.

·
Mad SOT YAKER!
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice fish! Worth the trip, would rather catch one like that than 20 small guys, or catch nothing with no snakes than a 18" SM and a yak full of snakes,lol.

·
fishing from a kayak
882 Posts
Nice fish! Worth the trip, would rather catch one like that than 20 small guys, or catch nothing with no snakes than a 18" SM and a yak full of snakes,lol.
Too bad I kayaked from 40 all the way down to darby dan farms to go fishing, only to catch that guy 50 yards from where i put in at on the way out.....
No snakes seen.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts