close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Blacklick and my son

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by StuckAtHome, Jul 18, 2007.

1. StuckAtHome

StuckAtHome Mad SOT YAKER!

Had a few hours tonight so the son and I headed out down the road a few miles to wade Blacklick, which because of the drought is BARELY flowing and very shallow, holes small and a long distance apart, fish holding more on structure with current (to break the surface) with shade than deeper water. All fish caught 1 foot or shallower, I was using pumpkinseed 4" tube and son using 1/32 tubes. He caught a darn northern hog sucker, first one I ever seen caught and fairly big, plus a few rockies. I had about a dozen with 3 "big" ones( for blacklick that is). One is the biggest SM I ever caught out of there, took me under the biggest tree snag pulling drag(using ultralight 4 pound test, I know, 4" tube, just experimenting!). Enough talk, heres 2 pics.

Attached Files:

2. Nice smallie and Gratz to son on his sucker !

3. shwookie

shwookie fishing from a kayak

Looks good Mike.
    I almost got skunked tonight, except this little guy prevented the shutout.
    [​IMG]
    Nothing for 3 hours then a 17 1/2" on the way back to the truck.
    The darby has been a cruel mistress this year. Either nothing or scraps with the occasional pb smallie thrown in to keep you coming back for more abuse.

Hopefully we can find some more saturday.

4. Bubba bass bigfoot

Bubba bass bigfoot Lucky Fisher, or skilled?

nice night to be out. Nice fish.

5. StuckAtHome

StuckAtHome Mad SOT YAKER!

Nice fish! Worth the trip, would rather catch one like that than 20 small guys, or catch nothing with no snakes than a 18" SM and a yak full of snakes,lol.

6. shwookie

shwookie fishing from a kayak

Too bad I kayaked from 40 all the way down to darby dan farms to go fishing, only to catch that guy 50 yards from where i put in at on the way out.....
    No snakes seen.