Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just booked a fly fishing trip in early OCT near Deadwood, we're spending a few days there on the way back from a mule deer & antelope hunt in WY. Hoping to get my wife on a nice brown on fly rod. Anyone ever been?

reelylivinsportfishing.com

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just booked a fly fishing trip in early OCT near Deadwood, we're spending a few days there on the way back from a mule deer & antelope hunt in WY. Hoping to get my wife on a nice brown on fly rod. Anyone ever been?

If you have the chance book a guide and fish the “miracle mile” absolutely the best trout fishing anywhere in my opinion

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Trip went pretty good! The fishing was wonderful! Mostly brown trout, 1 good rainbow, all on fly, we caught 25-30 fish on a 4 hour trip. We went with Dakota Angler guide service our guide Dave was very knowledgeable and patient with us and our limited fly fishing experience and had us in beautiful fish filled holes all morning. We fished on Spearfish Creek not far from Lead, SD The hunt in WY was also incredible, I filled both of my tags and the others with us also got 2 antelope and a mule deer, my wife had a fall turkey tag that was the only unfilled tag in our group, we did a lot of searching for the birds and while they were all over the ranch the week before we got there, had done a dissapearing act just before our arrival. The weather was great for our whole trip and we are already planning and looking forward to the next.

·
Great cycle challenge team OHIO GAME FISHING
1,832 Posts

I caught fish, rainbows I think, at Mitchell lake. Off 385 near hill city. I think I was just throwing a spinner. I got bored and was just jigging it off a rock face near the road. The fish bit!

·
Great cycle challenge team OHIO GAME FISHING
1,832 Posts
There are some creeks out there that have some heavy metal contamination and stuff. I think the state guide tells you which creeks to watch. Lots of old mines and stuff out there and while not plentiful people have tried to mine gold out of creeks. I forget for sure where I had found the info but it was pre- smart phone so I imagine in the fishing regs.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There are some creeks out there that have some heavy metal contamination and stuff. I think the state guide tells you which creeks to watch. Lots of old mines and stuff out there and while not plentiful people have tried to mine gold out of creeks. I forget for sure where I had found the info but it was pre- smart phone so I imagine in the fishing regs.
No fish were harmed in the making of this post. Deer and antelope different story.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts