Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got some real nice ones yesterday and had my first bowl of blackberry cobbler with ice cream last night right before the monsoons hit:D.

Anyone else getting any good ones? The ones I picked were all basically knee level and below.

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
Yes sir, got some this past weekend. Nice size & good sweetness. Of course, also got poison ivy , too !!

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Going to have to agree with Magis. Probably black raspberrys. Instead of wasting them on cobbler make WINE!!!

·
Registered
6,065 Posts
Got tons of them on the property. One of the best years in a while. You can pick them off the 4 wheeler on the trails they are so thick.

·
692 Posts
black razzberries 4 sure,we picked over 2gallons this weekend.then was invited 2 a friend of a friend 2 pick what was left of there red razzberrie's
they were hugh some as big as my thumb lol we got about a gallon of them.
we made a huge pie with a mix of both berry's and some blueberrys mixed in killer it was lol
the twisters

Attachments

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I always thought blackberries were larger than "razzzzberries". The ones I picked were approx. an inch and as big around as your thumb. Going back this weekend after the grounds dries a little to get another batch.

Dovans, I have a friend who makes wine so he might get a bucket of them also.

Just went through google pics and they were blackberries. So, I'm putting the bug spray on today and tomorrow and going to fill up a few buckets...

·
Registered
9,306 Posts
This thread took me down memory lane. Sitting here in shorts and glanced down at the 4 inch scar on my right calf that I got while picking berries in southern WVa as a kid (also in shorts, and nearly 60 years ago!) Walked out of the patch and saw my tennis shoe was full of blood. Never felt anything, probably thought I'd gotten scratched by a thorn -must have been an old piece of barbed wire! Remember it like it was yesterday.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
c. j...... Barbed wire can kick your bu++... Still healing from the thorns but early next week looks great!

·
Registered
5,787 Posts
Just for reference, size doesn't really have anything to do with what species they are. Raspberries have a hollow core when picked, and the white core stays in blackberries when picked, so they have a solid core. Raspberries are sweet, blackberries are very tart, unless so ripe they're mushy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts