Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
BAMF
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Im from Lake Erie, but i occasionally camp down at Mohican in Loudonville, and i was wondering if there was anything on that river or any close little lakes or something of that sort to go bass fishing on? anyone know of anything relatively close that i can get to without having to haul down a boat?
________
roll blunts

·
Registered
411 Posts
I haven't fished there in a year or two now but just below the covered bridge I used to catch some smallies. Never any real size but fun. I've also caught perch, bluegill, trout, and saugeye. Hope this helps.

·
COCC- Director
313 Posts
There is a state park lake not far from Loudenville, I cant remember the name of it but its fairly large and im pretty sure they have Boat Rentals also. Should be on ODNR website. Also i fished the mohican while canoeing a couple of years ago and got quite a few smallies and rock bass they were fairly small but fun. Take the Long canoe trip and there will be alot more holes to fish without the traffic. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Pleasant Hill lake is at the north end of the park. There is access for bank fisherman around the dam. I have caught Smallmouth, Saugeye, Crappie, Rock Bass, and Bluegill fishing from the banks. the stream side of the dam is good for saugeye.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts