close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Black River???

Discussion in 'Steelhead Talk' started by Get Fish, May 27, 2008.

1. Get Fish

Get Fish 2100 FishMaster

Is there any Steelheads in the river? Just wondering...because if they run up RR & vermilion, you would think they would do the same here????

Recently moved to Elyria and looking for some river action...if you know of some good areas please let me know! I used to tear them up at Wildwood/ Euclid Creek!

2. Get Fish

Get Fish 2100 FishMaster

bump...bump...bump

3. Steelhead run up every river, creek, and ditch that flows into Erie. The stocked tribs obviously receive more fish (vermilion, rocky, chagrin, grand, conneaut) but all others receive fish in varying numbers at different times of the season. More straggers are present in streams to the east, where PA fish show up more often. Therefore, any trib where you have access to public property or private property with permission containing good steelhead water (depth + flow) is worth a try.

A major contributor to determining if a trib is stocked or not by the state is the amount of public access available. There are other rivers better suited for stocking than the urban ones (rocky, chagrin) but lack the plentiful public access that these provide.

4. Fishaholic69

Fishaholic69 Fly Fishing Addict

yeah they are there. but the seasons done now. :(

5. there's definitely some steelhead left in the rivers. hasn't been super hot out for any long period of time.

6. Fishaholic69

Fishaholic69 Fly Fishing Addict

we seen some actually still spawning but they never bit. I just went for small