close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Black River!

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Shadowolf, Sep 1, 2007.

1. What a day! or I should say what a 4 day's in the past 4 day's 3 in the Rocky River and today in the Black river my 4 day SM count is 29!!!!!

Lure: RUBBER CRAWDADS!!!!! Salted by the powerbaits @ Wal-Mart....

anyways I got 8 today 11''-14'' Here's the two 14's!! what a fight!!!!

I got lucky a family was walking past me as I got this one, and I was like "Hey Please take my Picture" Lol look @ that Grin!!
    [​IMG]

This one bout near ripped my arms off! What a fight!
    [​IMG]

They were really 14+ but I did a quick measure, but I would say no more than 14.5

2. Justin S

Justin S c-ya on the water

nice job, thoes things fight like crazy

3. Nice job, Shadow...I fished the Rocky with my dad on Saturday. We caught more smallies than we could count, but they were all very small....averaging 6-8" at best. Still a lot of fun, though. I have now caught smallies on 2 northeast OH rivers: the Cuyahoga and the Rocky. Looks like the Black produces well, too! Can you tell me a good place to access the Black? (coming from the Akron area) Thanks in advance!:)

4. BigMha

BigMha QQn 4 that "ONE" big fish

very nice...where on the rock were you?

5. Hit the Black river again today and got 7 (11"-14")Sm's and one nice fat LM! The size of the bass on the Black River is 10 times better than the baby's in the Rocky River..

tmerk: 90 to 611 make a right drive 611 to East river Rd. and make a left (you'll see a fire station) drive East river to 31st street you'll see a grass triangle area there you'll make a right) Right after the bridge on your left you'll see the Lorain Metroparks sign for Day' dam. This is a good starting point as there's a nature trail that go's down river.
    North of this area is hard to fish because of steel mills and such so the only other option is the Lorain pier area. decent fishing there especially for the Walleyes.

[​IMG]

If your planning on putting a boat in do a search for Black River Landing but from there you can't go to far south because the river shallows out but you can access the strips where you can't walk due to the steel mill property.

6. BigCat

BigCat "road dog"

Shadowolf is my brother, I took pic's of his fish he caught, I only hooked one:mad: , oh well manymore day's to fish but here is my smallie[​IMG]

7. WB185Ranger

WB185Ranger Gotta Love Odie!

Nice fish there "Shadow"! Smallies give the best fight :) WB

8. yes they do! I'm hooked! especially after the past 5 day's I have had with them 36 SMB in 5 day's! This is the first year in my fishing life that I have fished 90% rivers. Most years I can count the # of times I have fished rivers on one hand, This year it's lakes..lol... I've been all over NE and NW Ohio looking for SM's in rivers! I want to break 100 SM's this year!

9. WB185Ranger

WB185Ranger Gotta Love Odie!

Hope you get your 100, go get'em man!! Fish on! :) WB

10. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

Congrats Shadowolf. Nice catches. ;)

11. Agent47

Agent47 Trying to pull it in!!!!

Nice job Shadow, hey you dont mind if I save your picture and put my head on there do you...LOL, need to do a "seeee dad"

12. Nice fish thanks for sharing. I just have to question the wisdom in posting an arial photo & map to your favorite spots on the internet. I share info in PM's but keep info posted a bit more general. People can figure things out on thier own, everyone on the boards has access to google maps.

13. Thanks, Shadow. I'm gonna have to make a trip up there in the next few weeks. Hitting Erie for perch on the 15th, so it'll probably be after that. I'll let you know how I do!