Black river in Ravenna

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by crooked stripe, Aug 7, 2008.

1. crooked stripe

crooked stripe fishn and flyn

Does anyone fish that river? Haven't been there in years but as a kid my parents took us to a place where we drove through a farmers pasture to the river. Caught some small cats and plenty of nice gills we had for dinner. I believe it was close to Black Horse if I remember correctly. Just thought it would be a change of scenery and I always liked river fishing. I guess I should say small river. John

2. There's a Black River in the Lorain area but I dont recall seeing one around Ravenna.

3. crooked stripe

Been to Lorain a few times. A friend used to dock his boat on that river but always fished the lake. John

4. EAPOE

EAPOE

You might be thinking of Breakneck Creek. The bridge over Breakneck is off the road beside Ravenna Moose (Lakewood).

5. mrphish42

mrphish42 locators dont lie

you might be thinking of Breakneck Creek.......which meanders all over that part of Portage Co......Comes close to Black Horse (also near Muzzy Lake, Sandy Lake and Lake Hodgson) It finally ends up flowing into the Cuy.River Between Brady Lake and Kent.......It has been known as a source... (for some northern pike fishing) for years ( with alot of local fishermen) It flows under several of the back roads in that geographic area.... some of which one can use to gain access to it there....... Hope this helps you........

6. crooked stripe

It may be Breakneck Creek. It has been so long ago since I was there. I do remember someone called it the Black River years back, maybe it was close to Black Horse. My son rents a room on Powermill Rd. near the golf coarse near 59 and Breakneck Creek runs next the his house and it isn't much more than a few inches deep. Mosquito breeder and flood area. Maybe in a different area it runs deeper. Thanks for the replies. John