Black River fishing

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Get Fish, May 27, 2008.

1. Get Fish

Get Fish 2100 FishMaster

Has anyone had any sucess catching any Steelhead in the Black river? or Smallies? Just wondering because I wanted to get some river fishing as the Steelheads exit the river!!!!

Any info would be appreciated!!!!!

Thanks in advance

2. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

Your a bit late on the steelhead. The numbers of steelies in the river are significantley reduced this time of year. I would target smallies before I went for steelies.

Steelies have already spawned out and dropped back to lake erie. I am sure there may be some stragglers in the rivers, but not enough to go target them specifically.

flash-------------------------------------out

3. Wannabitawerm

Wannabitawerm Flatulent Entreprenuer

I would try the park off of Ford road by the tunrpike bridge for smallies. Always a good chance at a big channel under that bridge as well. The steelies only run up to cascade park because of the falls. May be a few left as the water is slow to warm this year. I walk the river throwin' minnows into any hole that looks more than 2 feet deep.

4. the smallmouth fishing is great in the black. i used to fish a small stretch just south of the hospital. cascade park area is known for some nice smallies. and the metro park cant be beat ;)