Ohio Game Fishing banner

Bittersweet....

2K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  Duncan Bay 
#1 ·
Well this morning i finally got a chance to get on the water. My grandmother has been in the hospital for a little over a month and in hospice for about the past 2 weeks so fishing has been put on the back burner. She passed away Monday after giving a fight but is no longer suffering. This morning i decieded to hit the pond and see if i could have any luck. Before i launched the boat i said to myself "Maw maw if your with me let me get a big one today..." I launched and casted a few times with no luck. I made it about 20-30 yards from the dock and was tickin my swimbait through some weeds. All of the sudden the weeds i was tickin didnt seem right so i put a little tension on the line and BOOM. I miss her but she was with me :)

See less See more
#8 ·
Went out this morning and got another good one on the swimbait, this one was 3.1. It was crazy holding this fish thinking to myself, it was 2 days ago and i got one twice this size.....

#11 ·
I normally wouldnt of gotten a mount of a 6lb bass but there was to much to this fish personally for me not to. I got it back today and already have it hanging on the wall waiting for people to come over so i can tell the story over and over again :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.