close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Bitsy Minnow for panfish

Discussion in 'Panfish Discussions' started by steelmagoo, Aug 16, 2004.

1. steelmagoo

steelmagoo Enjigneer

Does anyone have the same great results I get with Strike King Bitsy Minnow? I love these little things. When the crappie and gills get spread out in the summer I troll Bitsy Minnows at about 1.2 mph until I get a few fish in a particular area, then I stop and cast. For me it is very effective this time of year. My only complaint with the Bitsy Minnow is that the treble hooks are a little small for crappie, but perfect for gills. I've tried the Yo Zuri Beans, but they don't seem to work as well.

2. :eek: I haven't tried that one yet.But I'm not sure if my 28# electric motor can hit 1mph.What size Bitsy Minnow do you prefer? Fished Mogadore on Sunday maybe that might have been something to use.

3. I use them all the time for creek fishing and they work great. I love them also. My favorite is white. They work great in the creek when the water is a little stained, I think the rattles make a big difference. Works great for crappie and white bass in the spring at Deer Creek, I was catching fish at about a 2 to 1 ratio compared to my dad using a twistertail.

4. steelmagoo

steelmagoo Enjigneer

I'm not really sure what size I have, I get them at Walmart and I've seen only one size, bitsy. I usually keep a couple white ones and a couple green/orange. They usually track nice and straight, unlike other micro crankbaits and plugs I've tried. I think my Minkota 44 lb motor moves a small boat at about 1.2 or less at lowest setting. Depends a little on how the boat is trimmed. To troll really slow I sometimes tip the motor (transom mount) so the prop is pointing up at an angle instead of straight back, or I'll back troll, or I'll drag a bucket.

5. Thanks for the info on the Bitsy.I can probably pick up some speed trolling with the wind.Now that I know what a Bitsy Minnow is.I usually troll a quiver jig& minnow at Mogadore in the fall and do well on crappie.This might help with the fish that are now suspended in open water.

6. LakeRaider

LakeRaider EEEEEK!

Picked up 6 tonite at BP. Only size were 1/8 oz. $2.99 ea. Going to try them out tomarro nite. :) LakeRaider<><>

7. chaunc

chaunc Staff Member

Anybody care to post a picture of one? I'd like to see what they look like.

8. steelmagoo

steelmagoo Enjigneer

Attached Files:

9. steelmagoo

steelmagoo Enjigneer

I guess I DO know how to post a pic!

10. chaunc

chaunc Staff Member

Thanks. Whats it cost? Anybody getting redears with them?

11. elyfishingmaster

elyfishingmaster Junior member

i think the one i bought at walmart was like 3.99 or something like that

12. Bad Thing About That Lure Is You Gotta Watch Out For The Occasional Pesky Bass. Haha. I Have About 5 Of Them In My Tackle Box And Have Caught Bass Up To 3lbs With Them. Great Lure.