close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Bit the bullet

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by crooked stripe, Feb 2, 2005.

1. crooked stripe

crooked stripe fishn and flyn

today and bought the Vexilar FL18 Propack with the dual transducer. I am sure that all of you that own them have some special ways of running them. Any input would be appreciated. I see it comes with a video so I will watch it a few times before taking it to the hardwater. Should be here Friday since it is shipping from Erie Pa.

2. Timbr

Timbr Alaska Grayling

CS.
    You'r gonna LOVE it. I use the auto zoom allot, also I like the low power option.

Just get out and use it. You'll be a pro in 15 min.

Tim

3. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

its pretty easy to start up and fish with and youll probably have more specific questions later on...you just turn that baby on, adjust the gain, (start at around 2) and fish....its really that easy. most any problems you will have will be with the gain until you get used to it.

vexilar.com has some good articles that explain all about them...

if you have any questions im sure a lot of us will be happy to help you.

4. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

Its like a video game man, too much fun with a Vex. I don't think I could fish without one even for a while

5. I'm with Timbr on the auto zoom. It's da chit man you will love it !!!!!!!!! Absolutely will not go out on ice without it and you will undeniablly catch more fish with it.

Longspur

6. crooked stripe

crooked stripe fishn and flyn

Well it came today and I watched the video. I will hit Mogadore tomorrow and see how it works. Probably will take a few times to figure it out. I just hope the ice holds till I do. Weather is warming so we will see how it goes. John