close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Bit by a spider. Have you.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bubba bass bigfoot, Jul 8, 2007.

1. Bubba bass bigfoot

Bubba bass bigfoot Lucky Fisher, or skilled?

I have two spider bites on me from the last trip. Just found them today. They are swelling and red, i feel there is no reason to panic. Not sure what spider bite me. Have you guys been bitten from a spider?

Also you can see the two tiny holes in the skin were the spider bite me, the holes are black, look like dirt. the only thing i think there is to worry about is infection, have heard spider bites often lead to pretty bad infections.

2. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

come on, cowboy up bubba. you'll just lose your fingernails and eyebrows. they WILL grow back.

3. Bubba bass bigfoot

lol i am cowboyed up lol. not worried about it.

4. fishnfool

fishnfool out4dabig1

Was bitten by a brown recluse,now I have one arm,nothing to worry about lol

5. Tom Patrick

Tom Patrick Love To Fish

Hmmm, sounds like chigger bites.
    http://www.surviveoutdoors.com/emergency/chigger_bites.asp
    http://www.mikebaker.com/animals/chiggers.html

6. Bubba bass bigfoot

i've had plenty of those, thats not what it is.

7. streamstalker

streamstalker deleted

I used to process surgical bills and it surprised me how many times that I processed a bill for resecting necrotic tissue (cutting away your dead and stinking flesh) and the diagnosis was listed as "spider bite".

8. Wow. That second picture is crazy. Pretty gross.

9. Grumpy

Grumpy Certified Old Geezer

I have a son in law whose a Dr. We've talked about spider bites and a number of patients he has treated. Not doing anything is a gamble you may not want to take.

10. Bubba bass bigfoot

I have seen thos epics before. Odd think my bite does not have any of the signs of a spider bite, besides the two little holes. it had swelled and turned red, but has gottne better as the day goes on lol. None of the bad signs. I have had the bite for about an est time of 40plus hours, the bite should really NASTY if it was anything to worry about. But when my mom found out she kinda tripped lol, i am seeing the doctor tomorow just in case it is something to worry about. (dont think it is but ya never know) My dad said the only reason is b/c of the risk of infection. I guess its a smart thing.

11. I was bitten on the hand while camping at Alum. For a couple of days I just kinda forgot about it then one day at work a guy asked me what the red streak was running up my arm. In about an hours time it went from my wrist to my elbow, so I went to the doctors and by then it was near my shoulder. As soon as he looked at it he told the nurse to bring 2 of them. I didn't know what he meant. He told me to drop my pants and a nurse came in rubbing two needles between her hands to warm them up. The Doc them stuck one in each cheek. Felt like thick cold honey. He said if I had waited a couple more hours I would have been in the hospital for blood poisioning. Where I was bit it left a big round mark on my hand.

12. Don't wait get your butt to the doc,I spent a week in the hospital over a spider bite because i waited too long for treatment!!!!!!

13. Toxic

Toxic Defensor Fortis

I had a buddy get bit by a brown recluse while we were training at Fort Dix, NJ. It wasn't as bad as the previous picture because he caught it in time. But it did look nasty to the rest of us. I wouldn't hesitate when it comes to your health. You’re doing the right thing by going to the doc's. Keep us updated.

14. My girlfriends Aunt was bitten buy a recluse and wasn't expected to live actually.... Luckily she turned for the better and is still alive this day. It's amazing how much punch those little boogers pack!

15. ezbite

sorry bubba.. looks like im wrong. i must of been biten but a wimpy spider. i sought no medical treatment when bitten and recovered fine, dont even remember being sick. from the photos and replys looks like i was just lucky. go to the doctor. dont cowboy up, check up

16. Toxic

Toxic Defensor Fortis

LOL, I can see it now, Ezbites opens a new medical practice. And uses this saying in his advertising :p

17. ezbite

hummmmm......:p

18. Bubba bass bigfoot

i went and they gave me some antibiotics, just in case of infection.

19. I got bit by a spider on the shin and at first it wasn't a big deal but then I think it got infected. It ended up being a swollen red area about the size of a baseball. I hate the doctor so I just punctured it with a needle and dried it out with alcohol. Did that for about a week and it went away.

Jake

20. ezbite

NOW THATS "COWBOY UP" LOL:eek: