close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Bischoff Reservoir 4-6-04

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Rooster, Apr 8, 2004.

1. After looking out the window at great weather all day at work, I finally made it to the lake around 5:00pm. It was nice all day and it got cold, windy, and started to rain only a few minutes after I got on the lake. I neglected to bring my rain gear because it had been sunny all day. I was seriously considering just loading the kayak back up, and heading for home. Pulled into a small tree lined cove to get out of the wind and rain as much as possible. Started casting a Black & Gold Lucky Craft Pointer 78 (I had been thinking about using that lure all day). I slowly (long pause between jerks) worked the bait parallel to the bank. It was still raining and the wind kept beaching the kayak. I made a long cast that the wind carried into the trees, and looked down at a huge bird’s nest of 8LB power Pro. I jerked the lure free from the tree and started working on the backlash. I had enough, and was heading home! Finally got the birds nest out, and just started cranking when…..BAM!

Attached Files:

2. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

Nice fish! I hope that fish made the trip worth it. Are you still planning the LMR float trip? I hope so, take it easy and tight lines

3. I would have been glad to catch anything! That fish broke a streak of three consecutive skunks!

I would still like to organize a float on the Little Miami. Once the river stabilizes, I will see if there is any interest. Even if we only get a few people that want to float, that would be fine. I Just hope that we have enough interest to motivate the king to grill! :D

4. Phil Carver

Phil Carver Team Bass Xtreme

Hey Rooster , have you ever considered fishing the Midwest Sportman Division over there ? I see that there are soom nice fish in there from past tournaments .

5. catking

catking Banned

I've never heard of this place :confused: Nice bass ROOSTER !! CATKING.

6. Bischoff Res. is in Indiana not far from the town of Batesville and a little south of Brookville Lake. It's a pretty small reservoir maybe 250 acres? Good bass lake and not too much fishing pressure the times I've been there. Anyone know what the HP limit is on that lake, is it like a 5HP limit? I haven't fished there in a long time.

Steve

7. catking

catking Banned

Thanks Alter- Explains why I haven't heard of it. It's in a foreign land LOL !!! CATKING

8. DavidWS10

DavidWS10 Bankless Boat Trash

I can't believe Catking doesn't know where this place is. And all this time, I thought he lived just minutes from everywhere.:D :eek:

9. catking

catking Banned

Is that even a state :eek: :D That's past my boundries Daved :p DA KING !!!

10. DavidWS10

DavidWS10 Bankless Boat Trash

But Catking, it is only about 25 minutes from where I live.

11. Hydrasport, Those pics would motivate anyone to fish Bischoff! They caught some MONSTERS in March! I would really like to fish their tournament, but I fish from a kayak.

I’m sure that Bischoff is no more than 15 minutes from your house Catking. I did watch some guys catching channel cats from shore. They were small, but there were a lot of them.

12. catking

catking Banned

15 minutes right on the nose Mark......... :p :p DA KING !!! :D