close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Bischoff 7/14

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by jellywormer, Jul 14, 2004.

1. jellywormer

jellywormer Waiting for the tap tap.

Well, I thought I would post my being skunked at Bischoff today since I always find it refreshing to see that others struggle sometimes too.

I arrived @ 7a.m. and started with shallow cranks and spinnerbaits. I fished shallow banks that dropped to deeper water (windblown side of course). The weather was cloudy and pretty windy. The water looked as good as it has looked all year. Moved deeper with plastics and then deeper cranks. Two short strikes and one very agressive warmouth that hooked himself trying to eat my plastic worm. I have never been so excited to catch a warmouth in my life. I threw everything I could and the fish had a good laugh at my expense. Only saw one boat. Came home and passed out. :(

2. Sorry to hear about the non-existent bite at Bischoff, but thanks for the report! I was planning on making the trip over there tomorrow. I've had enough ZERO bite days this year already. I have been told that sensible people will just call it a day if the bite is not there.....an idiot like me would stay there all night (convinced that If I just try the right presentation, I could get one in the boat).

3. Well Fellas I Am Going Out On Friday To Jig And Pig Shorelines And Carolina Rig Some Drop Offs. Really Trying To Train Myself To Slow Down. I Wil Have Baits On Rods Asking Me To Toss. I Am Going To Try Hard To Turn Down The Temptation. See If It Does Me Anygood. Will Let You Know Friday Afternoon.

HEY ROOSTER SOME GUYS CALL EM SENSIBLE. I JUST CALL EM QUITERS! GOOD LUCK TODAY.