close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Bischoff 6-23-04

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Rooster, Jun 24, 2004.

1. I had planned to fish Bullock Pen, but the traffic report convinced me to stay away from 75 south. Bischoff looked great! It is really clearing up. There was a couple of feet of visibility where there was only a couple of inches just last week. I fished from 5:30PM to 9:30PM, and the weather was perfect. I started with a Sumo frog, and had a few bass explode through the mats. Unfortunately, I did not get a hook into any of the fish. However, just watching the explosions on the frog is ALMOST as fun as actually catching the fish. Had at least two fish jump completely out of a hole in the grass only to slide back in without the frog. Also had many bump the frog into the air without the fish breaking the mat. Switched to a 5” black Senko after a few hours, and started catching. Caught six fish in the one to two pound range. The fish were very tight to cover, and most came from shallow water areas that had wood, grass, and shade too (deadly combination). They were not hitting the Senko on the initial fall, but seemed to want it moved slowly along the bottom. I probably would have done better with a weighted creature. The pic below is a nice 2.3LB bass that came in with about 5LBS of grass…..Does that count as a 7?

[​IMG]

2. Yes, it counts as 7. But only if the grass is live and released unharmed.

3. I HAVE TRIED SENKO A HANDFUL OF TIMES. DO YOU WEIGHT IT WITH BULLET SINKER. PEG OR NOT TO PEG IS MY QUESTION. SAME BANK AS FISH LAST WEEK. OR SHALLOW BANK. SIX BASS NICE OUTING! ESPECIALLY IN 4 HRS. I HOPE I CAN CATCH SIX IN 8 ON SUNDAY WITH 2 OR 3 BEING KEEPERS. THANKS AGAIN FOR UPDATES. STILL LOOKING TO SEE YOU HOLDING ON OF THE 7LBERS!

MIKE TORBECK
    MIDWEST SPORTSMAN

www.freewebs.com/1bassmaster

4. Nice bass rooster, do you wade out there or do you fish from boat?

5. I fish from a kayak. The pics are taken with the camera sitting on the front of the kayak (you can see the rods in their holders in the background).
    I always fish a Senko weightless. I think that adding weight kills the action of the bait. If I need something that is heavier, I will go with a different soft plastic.

6. Bass_Hawg

Bass_Hawg Certified Hawg Master

Nice fish. Always good to go out and catch a few good ones.

7. jellywormer

jellywormer Waiting for the tap tap.

Thanks for the post Rooster. Bischoff is such a pretty little lake. I gotta get out there soon.
    Nice catch!!