Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading to East harbor area and staying at Mar-Lu.We be there on the 23rd through 28th.We will pull my 22' triton bass boat it has work well at LSC lake.Have been on walleye charters but have never fished it with my own boat.We want to fish for large and smallmouth bass and walleye or what ever is biting.My brother and i are from the hocking hills area and love to fish new places, any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
155 Posts
You should be able to catch plenty of walleye and smallmouth around Kellys. Its hard to plan a 5 day trip that far in advance with wind and waves. If I were you I would trailer the boat over to Huron each day. The worm harness bite should be great then right out front of Cranberry Creek Marina. Its a short boat ride and the area is protected from everything but a strong north wind. There is also good smallmouth fishing out in front of the house they call the castle just east of the marina. They sell bait and lures at the marina and are usually helpful as to where to find the fish. Hope you have a good trip.

PM me if you want to talk I will provide a phone number.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you want to catch largemouth just start casting as soon as you launch.
Thanks for the help guys,what kind water temps can i expect to see in bays verses the main lake.My home lake is lake logan and temps here are in the mid 60"s.The bass are moving shallow and fishing here has been good.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Thanks for the help guys,what kind water temps can i expect to see in bays verses the main lake.My home lake is lake logan and temps here are in the mid 60"s.The bass are moving shallow and fishing here has been good.
You arent going to find 60 yet. We just had some nights below freezing.

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,509 Posts
Launch at Mazurics and fish around Kellys and Gull. A bass boat that big will get you to wherever you want to go unless it's really blowing, North Bay, Gull and Kellys shoal,West shore american eagle all good spots, walleye will be everywhere you will get sick of catching them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts