Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to a pond last night for a few hours, one of those "friend of a friend" kind of deals. My buddy and I started throwing top waters, he had a big white buzzbait on and had a big bass boil on his buzzbait and miss. I caught several smaller fish on Bass Assassin soft stick baits, then started slinging a Strike King Ragetail Toad as it got closer to dark. In the same area my friend had the big boil, I saw a wake coming behind my toad, and it boiled and turned without striking as the toad neared the weed mat in front of me. The next cast I angled out a foot farther so I could parallel the weed mat better. This time the ol' girl struck, and struck violently. It was one of the better topwater strikes I have had, and this is my biggest bass of the year. Admittedly, I haven't bass fished much, though. Didn't worry about measurements and weights, just snapped a few pics and released her.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Nothing gets that adrenaline flowing like seeing a big wake behind the lure!One of the best feelings of fishing. Only thing better is pulling that "wake making device" out of the water.

·
Float Tubing Fanatic
241 Posts
Congrats on a really good bass and kudos on holding it correctly. I always wince when I see someone grab the lower jaw and hold the bass horizontally, unsupported.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts