Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know any breeders/dog trainers that sell started dogs in Ohio, PA, or any surrounding states?

·
Catchin eyes
606 Posts
What breed are you looking for? IMHO, the first step is to do as much research as possible to determine what breed best fits your family, hunting style, living space, etc, and then search for breeders of that breed. Even if it's not started, there's a lot of good trainers in the area.

My American Brittany came from Bob's Britts just outside of Louisville. He's an incredibly good dude and has great pups. I got a puppy off him, but he does occasionally sell started dogs. He also does some English Setters from time to time I believe. There's a couple pics of my little guy in some other threads on this forum

·
Budster
17 Posts
Just my two cents, but I recommend a puppy. I know it is had to train but a puppy. At 8 weeks builds a bond that will last for a dogs life time. Lets face it, their still 90% pets and what better to have a companion. I looked at the same and was not impressed at all.

P.S. This post is late but just for those following.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You might want to look up Radar Kennels in Celina. He raises pointing labs. I saw his dogs hunt and they have the drive and smarts for upland , waterfowl as well as a pet. He also does training.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts