Bimini ??

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by KaGee, Mar 6, 2008.

1. KaGee

KaGee Monkeywrench Staff Member

Anyone in Toledo/surrounding area have experience getting a bimini made locally at a reasonable cost?

I know of a couple places to order one and have shipped in, but I want to have one made with ability to add curtains later.

2. KaGee

KaGee Monkeywrench Staff Member

No body? Got to be somebody!

3. fishingguy

fishingguy The Inferior Fisherman

KaGee, I have been kicking around making a convertible top for my boat. I found that the sunbrella material can be bought for about 20.00 bucks. The tubing, depending on what you buy, can be a little or alot. I have pipe bending experience so that's not an issue. I figure you can make the frame and cut the material an inch or so bigger on all sides, and take it to a leather shop or somewhere like that and have it sewn. The snaps don't look difficult. I don't think the materials would total 50 bucks. I havn't checked with any local shops to do the sewing. You wouldn't have a sewing machine and sewing experience would you? If so maybe we could combine our talents.

4. ramlund man

ramlund man Lost In Middle America

if you want to look little south of you, i can personaly recommend Schulte tarp in the small town of Kalida he has made 2 custom covers on a couple of older boats i've had in the past and he does really nice work--i don't have his number with me here at work but i'm sure you could check with information and get his number