close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Bimini Tops

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by Ducknut, May 3, 2004.

1. Ducknut

Ducknut Duck Enemy #1

I put on my new bimini top yesterday, and am looking forward to the shade. It did not come with tie-down straps, and I am going to put a Bimini Brace on to hold it up at an angle to keep it off of the boat and out of the way.

Can I trailer the boat with the brace holding the Bimini up at about a 30 degree angle?

2. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Depends on the quality of the top/brace...I'd look at it this way, if your boat does 60, then it's safe @ 60 on or off the water. I had the brace on my first boat, and it was fine going down 71 @ 75mph.

3. ....was that 75 mph with the Bimini up or folded back.....I would assume folded back? :confused:

I'm installing one on my boat now, got the brace to support it better and store out of the way.

Haven't mounted it to the boat yet, wondering how far to extend the top over the windshield?

Any suggestions?

Oldfox1939

4. Odlfox don't know what kind of boat you have?You will want your top as far forward of the windsheild as you can get if it starts raining.On my boat the back of the top is a little past the seat in the rear.I have a center console.Good luck Daryl

5. Worm Drowner

Worm Drowner Banned

"I put on my new bimini top yesterday"

Hey buddy, we don't go for none of that transvestite stuff around here. If you want to wear women's swimsuits, we don't want to know abou.....errrrrr.....BIMINI top? Never mind! Sorry!:eek: :p

6. Truck......I have a Tracker Deep V 18' walk through windshield. I have it setup without permanately fastening it down right now, with the top about 12" past the windhield and it still about 1/2 covers the rear seats.

I think this will work pretty well, think I'll mount it permanently tomorrow.

Thanks, for the input.

Oldfox1939