Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 16 foot Sylvan Tiller model. The question is I think I want to put a Bimini Top on it but am not sure if it will just be in the way??

Your Comments please

·
Kiss The Converse
4,560 Posts
I guess they're nice to have, but I never seem to use mine. Had this boat for going on two years and the bimini's been up mabey twice.

·
The one others want to be
2,235 Posts
But not if you are fishing. Mine is on the boat every time we go "boating" but never when I go fishing. They are great for shade for a pleasure boat.

UFM82

·
Registered
11,371 Posts
A bimini or convertible top is great if you are perching, jigging, trolling or drifting. Properly installed will allow you to fish with a minimum of interference. Mine is set up so I can release the rear supports and instantly fold it forward against the windshield. If you decide to install one, don't purchase the low cost models as THEY ARE A PITA.

·
useless poster
8,806 Posts
i have one on my 16.5 tiller boat and it is a pain in the butt. sure glad i have when the temps are above 75 degrees. it is great for those days .keeps the sun off and the cool lake breeze on you. but it may not work that well on warmer water inland lakes. i always have to have it up or lay it forward so i can operate the tiller.. glad i have it though.

·
(stcroixjoe)
975 Posts
I have one that is rarley used because it's a pain on my center console it stays off the boat 95% of the time .but when it's on it layed on the sides and the transom so i bought "radar arches" support poles so now it "leans" foward and off the sides so it doesnt get in the way of the rod holders

·
The Inferior Fisherman
2,644 Posts
I would like to have a converible top attached to the winshield. Throw in some side curtains, and your all set for those times you get caught in the rain or rough seas. That's on my wish list, not my gotta have list. I have no use for a bimini.

·
meat dragger
501 Posts
I would like to have a converible top attached to the winshield. Throw in some side curtains, and your all set for those times you get caught in the rain or rough seas. That's on my wish list, not my gotta have list. I have no use for a bimini.
what you describe is what i have on my boat i love it.plus on those days a storm rolls in and the ramps are a madhouse. i just sit back stay dry and watch the fun lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts