close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Bill Dance "reel" spray

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by mkatts, Aug 19, 2005.

1. I have been Tivo'ing a lot of Bill Dance shows. Something I noticed is he is spraying something on his reel and up the line but not on the lure itself.

He hasn't talked about what it is. I assumed it was some sort of attractant but he doesn't spray it on the lure itself. Ony the reel. And all over the reel, on the line, the underside, then on up the rod.

On the can I can see "REEL" but can't make out any other words. Curious what type of product it is and what it's purpose is.

Thanks

2. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

3. Flipp

Flipp Bass Chaser

He uses reel magic I think you can get it at wal-mart for $5 a can. That stuff works I think. Good stuff for the money

4. I Use It Some..it Takes The Static Out Of Your Line Also..

5. Minor

Minor Wannabe Fisherman

6. Orlando

Orlando Set The Hook!

Save yourself some money and buy a big can of silicone spray. It's the same stuff, Been there done that

7. It is Reel Magic. The can looks just like the one on BPS on th elink that minor posted. Only difference was that Bill's was an aerosol spray.

Thanks all for the info!

Going to look for a silicone spray to give it a shot.
    Any suggestion of brand and where to buy it? I assume an auto parts store. I assume I want something without a protroleum in it so as not to pollute.

Thanks again!

8. Orlando

Orlando Set The Hook!

Regular ole silicone spray from the auto parts store. It's the same thing as Reel Magic but a third the cost. I used it all the time when I used mono. Iv'e switched mostly to braids years ago.

9. so it's wasted on braided? I have 20lbs spider wire on my baitcaster, but i use 8 lbs mono on my spinning reel.

10. Real Magic works on braids also. Like Orlando said, nothing more than silicone spray.

When jig fishing in the late fall and ice fishing a little silicone will stop the ice from forming on your tip top and line guides.

11. Orlando

Orlando Set The Hook!

I suppose you could use it on braids but I really don't see the need. I never have had braid twist like mono

12. rockbass

rockbass Banned

Thanks for that tip Blue Pike! I did not realize it worked for keeping the ice off your guides........I will use some for when I do the late fall through late winter trips!