Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who here rides the Central Ohio Bike trails and fishes frome them?
The past five years or so I have found more spots along the Scioto, Olentangy, Alum Creek and Big Walnut than I have ever found in all my 40 something years of fishing.
I've hooked up my mountain bike, backpack with telescopic poles and I've been killing them!! Plus staying in decent shape at the same time...can't beat it!
Anyone else into this?

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
I regularly run the local bike trails and am always scouting out potential fishing spots. There are some great spots with easy access along these trails though they sometimes require a multi-mile hike or bike ride. I unfortunately don't own a bike though.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I have done some biking and fishing this summer on the bike paths around Columbus. Some of the water is hard to reach from the paths due to steep banks and brush, but I'm still looking for good spots.

I got the rod holder from bikefisherman.com and it works great. I usually don't carry as much as is in the photo but that day I was loaded down. I actually put this on the bike carrier on the bus one day to get to the paths downtown. Driver looked at me kinda funny but didn't complain.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I have a nice Felt mountain bike and have seen some nice spots but never taken my gear with me to hit them. Ill have to do it sometime since I also have a nice backpack tackle bag that holds 2 rods on it as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts