Biggun Bass/Hog Huntin'

Discussion in 'OGF Frontpage News' started by JignPig Guide, Oct 23, 2011.

1. JignPig Guide

JignPig Guide Fishing Guide

Here's the best of the afternoon today/Sunday. This has been my first decent bass caught in a while. I've been in a slump. This one hit my brownish colored Chatterbait on a flat with milfoil in about 3-FOW. I had a white one tied on pre-trip. But the clouds came out and the water was dirty. So I tied the brown one on and caught this biggun within a few minutes.

My oldest son caught quite-a-few on his Strike King Red Eyed Shad ripping it through the milfoil. His best was a 2lb.6oz. bass. And the rest looked to be around a pound-and-a-half.

Attached Files:

2. fishingredhawk

fishingredhawk Ohio Hawg Hunter

Nice fish Jeff! What was the weight?

3. claytonhaske

claytonhaske Kayak Fishing's Most Wanted

what a monster! nice bass

4. spfldbassguy

spfldbassguy CJ Wolfpack

Nice bass,glad to hear you broke your "slump". Those Red Eye shads do seem to work. Where my brother and I fished today that's the only thing we caught 'em on. He boated I believe 5 and I was only able to bring in two nice 16.5''ers. I didn't get anything on chatterbait which surprised me. Like you I tried a white one but was a dumbbutt and left my darker colore ones at home:(. Oh well that's how it is sometimes. Again nice pic,nice bass and I'm sure you'll find some more big uns here soon.

5. Congrads on a very fine fish. Best I did Saturday was a 14" sm mouth at Delaware under the 229 bridge.

6. pulpfish1

pulpfish1 fisherman for life

7. justin3687

justin3687 member

That's a good one to get off your slump with. Nice job and report

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

8. CMH

CMH ANY DAY ON THE WATER...

Going for the 'clean cut' look huh Jeff? HA HA... that is an absolute beast- I never fished a chatterbait until this year, and I did not know what I was missing; I am stocked up on them now, however.

Looking forward to fishing with you at Burr Oak next spring.

Chris

9. JignPig Guide

JignPig Guide Fishing Guide

She weighed almost 6-pounds! And then I put her on the scale and she only weighed 4lb. 14oz. I thought I had an "Over Fiver" but I didn't. But I'm not complaining.

10. skycruiser

skycruiser Urban Angler

what a healthy lookin bass. excellent catch!

11. I was just thinking the other day that jignpig hasn't posted any big ones lately. i knew you where out there hawg hunting and it would just be time. congrats on a late season toad!

12. That's a nice BASS! Very good picture of the two of you.

BTW: I would have thought over 5 lbs as well.

Sent from . . . off and over there.

13. Great catch, now that's a HAWG! :B