close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Biggest Walleye

Discussion in 'Walleye & Saugeye Discussions' started by NorthSouthOhioFisherman, Aug 14, 2007.

1. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

Hi guys,
    just wondering wat all of ur biggest walleyes have been from anywhere any time. Wat were the weights and lengths and where'd ya catch em'? thanks jonny

Dads biggest 34in. 14lbs.
    [​IMG]

My biggest 29in. 11.8lbs.
    [​IMG]

2. Whaler

Whaler Whaler

31 inch ten pounder fishing out of C.J.Stone's boat on Lake Erie.

3. midoh39

midoh39 member

4. my best to date is a 12#-8oz walleye from Lake Erie in the Sandusky Bay area.

5. Its been Seen before.... but i am Proud of this fish!

Month of May 06.. infront of the "Gold Coast "during the day.... trolling of course.. Deep Rapala HJ sunfire...

Frank

6. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

12# freemont, ohio. wading the sandusky river walleye run, many, many moons ago. i remember i was using a 1oz leadhead with an orange and a green twister tail. yes, i had on 2 twister tails. the current was so fast a guy 15/20 yards down stream netted it for me because i couldnt get it to move upstream to me and my line was crossing in front of several guys downstream. they wanted to fish and i was blocking their casting lane:p i regret to this day that i ate it instead of mounting it. i do have a old blurry polaroid photo:mad:

Attached Files:

7. Some of us haven't caught one....tear...:(

8. I got back to back 12 pounders back in mid 80's fishing Lake Erie 5-6 footers with ounce erie dearies with about half the spool out to get to bottom. Was unreal landing 1 twelve pounder but after calming down and putting line out again in seconds had another. Was a awesome day with the 3 of us getting 9 fish over 8 pounds and not early spring but mid july!:) You can see picture better at my photo gallery could not get it to come up large for some reason!!

Attached Files:

9. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

wow ezbite that was a monster for fremont prolly back in those days...

10. Mine came from the Manistee River, MI, below Tippee dam, April 19th of the this year. 34" 14.7 llbs. Caught on a 7 wt fly rod fishing for steelies

FWF

11. ezbite

HEY! thats a color photo.:D lol

12. 12# out of 72nd

13. DanAdelman

DanAdelman getting jigging with it

caught 3 in the last 2 years over 9lbs biggest 11.2 lbs came from maumee other 2 WB...

14. EE

EE

I think this female was between 11 and 12 pounds, can't remember the exact weight. In Ying's words, "I just reeled it"......

[​IMG]

15. The word record is 23pounds and 11 ounces.

16. ezbite

but i released it to fight another day:p :D

17. Seaturd

Seaturd Catcher of Fish

32.5 inches and approx 12 lbs (no accurate scale available) caught in Georgian Bay, Ontario.

Biggest Erie fish was 29" in Dec '05 off Huron Pier - some dude netted it for me because I couldn't get down close enough to net it w/o falling on my a$$. I thanked him profusely and he proceeded to step on his fishing reel breaking it and ending his night.

Biggest inland was a 28 incher at Mosquito several years ago. A guy in a boat that saw me net it followed me around trolling the rest of the day...

18. tubuzz2

tubuzz2 1700 Lund Red and tan

30 inches 11lbs 1oz off Cranberry Creek last year november voting day. It is in my avatar.
    I have caught 6 fish Ohio walleyes this year and hoping for a few more.

19. I saw this post and said what the heck. My best to date is a 31" 14lb. beauty caught March 27, 2007 between catawba and s. bass. Worked a purple hair jig tipped with a minnow. It was a good start to a great year in progress.

Attached Files: