close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

biggest crappie you ever caught

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by kas, Apr 19, 2004.

1. kas

kas

It doesn't necessarily have to be in Ohio. I just caught the biggest one ever at Watts Bar Lake in TN two days ago...it was 17 inches...I'm almost bummed to go back to Caesars Creek

So Size , when and where?

2. Lewis

Lewis ORIGINAL TEAM OGF

17 3/4 inches.Private lake in Ohio.
    Nice slab you caught there.
    I have seen strings of Crappie from Kentucky Lake that averaged nearly 2 lbs!

3. 17 1/2 inches out of the Ohio River(thanks husky). He's on the wall and his name is Harold. The crappie, not Husky. LOL.

Carl

4. Mr. Catfish

Mr. Catfish A catfish in human form

18 inches my parents pond back in95. Released it,be nice if it is still alive.

5. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

14" through the ice this last year in a pond.

6. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Mine, was only a 16 incher @ Lake Logan severl yearsa go, my dad on the other hand is the freakin' panfish king. @ Lake Vermilllion (Northern Minnesota) he caught 2 over 3lbs, the largest was 3 1/4 lb Black Crappie, I'll take apic of the mount & post it.

7. Bass_Hawg

Bass_Hawg Certified Hawg Master

Mine was an 17 1/2" Slab. Was on Lake Waco in Waco Texas. Thats where i am originally From.

8. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

16'' out of mosquito last april

9. 2 years ago at kentucky lake, Ky.
    The avg. there is 15 where I go at Benton, Ky.

10. I got one 14 1/4 inches out of private pond when I was 7. Mom still has the picture of me holding it. Never seen any other bigger ones first hand!

11. Homey

Homey OGF Parrot Head

My best was about 16-inches from a lake up in Michigan :) .

Homey

12. carphunter

carphunter cat killer

My brother caught one about the same size at cowan lake a few years back.

13. steelmagoo

steelmagoo Enjigneer

16" from the lake just south of Chardon that used to be Best Sand property. Geauga Park Wildlife Preserve.

14. Chuck P.

Chuck P. Here We Go Steelers

16 1/2" Clark Lake Near Springfield Ohio..

Could have sworn I had a Bass on. :D

15. Never measured them but I've got a few 2# and over at kentucky lake. After a trip there it makes you wonder why you fish for crappie in ohio. :confused:

16. WillyB

WillyB Go Bucks!!!

16-1/2" from a strip mine pond in eastern ohio (harrison county). We were bass fishing about dusk and he hit a #13 floating rapala :D - perch pattern I believe. Must have been 10 or so years ago now. Still have the pic.

17. My biggest crappie ever came from the water hazard pond at Indian Valley Golf Course in Newtown. I knew a guy who was friends with the course caretaker and he let us fish it. 19" on a 1/8 ounce yellow rooster tail. I didn't even know there were decent crappie in there at the time. We were bass fishing when I caught it. From that cast on, I never fished for bass in that pond again. I've been to Kentucky Lake, Barkley, Patoka, all known for big crappie. Never caught bigger crappie on average than that pond.

18. chaunc

chaunc Staff Member

Mine is 17 3/4", from kentucky lake in april of 2001. It was one ounce shy of 3 lbs. I've gotten many 2 lbers since then but none close to that one.

19. It was at Pelican Lake MN,in 1976. Caught him on a hellbender while I was trolling for northern. I ate him before I weighed him. I weighed myself after I ate him, but the scales didn't go that high. :D