close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Bigfoot convention!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by rockbass, May 3, 2005.

1. rockbass

rockbass Banned

Hope nobody else has already posted this somewhere! I thought some of you may be interested or amused by it! www.timesreporter.com is where it was at!

Comment on this story.
    Group to hold annual Bigfoot Conference
    NEWCOMERSTOWN – The Tri-State Bigfoot Study Group headquartered in Newcomerstown will host its 17th annual Bigfoot Conference/EXPO Saturday from 4 p.m. until 10 or 11 p.m.

Don Keating, group founder and host of this year’s event, notes that for the first time since the conference’s inception it is being held at a location other than Newcomerstown.

This year’s conference, featuring five speakers, will be held in the Salt Fork State Park lodge near Cambridge.

Keating said he’s expecting an attendance of 200 to 300.

Speakers will include the following:

– Larry Lund of Vancouver, Wash., a researcher commonly known as “The Sasquatch Sleuth”;

– Ron Schaffner of Milford, O., an electronics and computer hardware technician who has been investigating unusual phenomena since 1975;

– Eric Altman of Jeanette, Pa., director of the Pennsylvania Bigfoot Society since 2000, and an investigator of dozens of sighting reports across Pennsylvania.

– Joedy Cook of Cincinnati, director of the Ohio Center of Bigfoot studies at Cincinnati and a Bigfoot investigator for 18 years. He is a co-author of “Bigfoot in Ohio” and has appeared on several television programs.

– Paul Johnson of North Versailles, Pa., who co-authored “The Pennsylvania Bigfoot” with Joan Jeffers, an anthropology student at Pitt and had also been investigating Bigfoot reports in northern Allegheny County for several years.

2. Thanks for reminding me about that. I would have hated to miss this year's meeting.:p

3. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

I keep thinking I'm hearing the Twilight Zone music in the background....

4. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Jack..... Jack..... Jack...... Where are you? You need to go to this meeting since you've had "Bigfoot" run into your fishign area. Catking, could you help me out, you remember the famous "Bigfoot" post don't you? :)

5. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

I went to one of those several years ago.

6. catking

catking Banned

I remember that thread Mellonhead....... :rolleyes: .That came from the same guy who thought a beaver that was gnawling on a tree at night was a pack of rabid dogs or a wild boar..........JEEZE US !!!! No wonder Jackson doesn't catch anyfish.......freakin woman............:cool:.......... :p

7. catking

catking Banned

Didn't Jackson get his arse knocked out of a chair at night by a flying squirrel or something like that ????????????? Next he's going to tell us all he saw a freakin lion or tiger........ :rolleyes: .........................~**~

8. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

Don't forget the Tooth Fairy convention slated for late July.

I believe the fourth annual Leprachaun convention will be in August, as well.

9. catking

catking Banned

Do we have a non believer in bigfoot ....... :confused: .Hey, I have a "Bigfoot casebook " that has every sighting by state listed, who saw it and where. Very interesting book. I sent it to a member of the site to view it and of course he sent it back... I believe it was " sickdog " that borrowed it. Same offer holds for any others who don't believe.......I'll send it, you read it, and then report back.............. :D .........DA KING !!!............

10. rockbass

rockbass Banned

Sounds interesting Catking!

I am not a believer, but I am not totally against the thought that something could be out there :confused:

Kind of like when someone tells me that there is no other intelligent life forms in space...........how does anyone know that??? they been all over???heck no, we've been to the moon.

I think it would be kind of cool/humorous to go to this thing. Depending on what is going on, I might take my daughter to it. But it is supposed to be nice, so I may just enjoy the weather!

11. I saw one several times... or a close look alike when my "X" woke up every morning!!!
    I think she kept the makeup people in the black for years till she stopped buying the stuff then OMG I left that thing late one night while she was out on the prowl searchign for food or something :eek:

12. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

I think there could be something out there. King, I'd liek to borrow that book sometime. Oh by the way, I think it was a Giant Crane that ran into Jack & I think it took a dump on him too.

13. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Yes it was a crane, or heron, whatever you want to call them!

14. Driving through the fog at tappan on our way home from the river we troll t-bones on 15/0 hooks about 75 feet behind the truck gets them everytime.

15. Shaqille Oneil Would Be Interested As He Wears A Size 17//////

16. I saw a bigfoot once, but I'll bet he didn't wear over a 14.