close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Big( yea right) Darby adventure

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by StuckAtHome, Aug 4, 2007.

1. StuckAtHome

StuckAtHome Mad SOT YAKER!

Hit the Darby WAY north where most of the year its float-able and deep enough to cover the fish. Not today. SHWOOKIE and I now known as StuckOn Riffle first planned on going the 7.77 mile route, after I told him he would have to carry me the last 3 miles, we went with a shorter 5 mile route. Thank Goodness! I'm not kidding we could not get side by side in the river without one or both of us beaching, and 99% was 8" or less, we could only find a place that was deep enough to hold fish without spooking them once every 1/4 mile or so, and we had to drag 9 out of 10 riffles(well he did, I only dragged 7/10) needless to say we both were whipped, and we both had a rod go in the river, mine an accident, his the threw in as a sacrifice to the fish gods to appease them. I will NEVER float that section again unless I'm really bored or go crazy(er?). Fish you ask? I got about 7, mixture of SM, rockies and a steroid gill, nothing that I would post here, 13" just don't get it. I think we are done with the Darby for a few weeks, next up, river with water!
    Mike

2. shwookie

shwookie fishing from a kayak

heh, nice mike.

I got skunked, bad.

It was good to get out and visit new water. More than anything it was a good learning exp. and now we know not to waste our time there again.

We will get them next time.

3. StuckAtHome

My casting arm is well rested, thats the least I have ever casted on that length of trip. Yea, next time we will get that 22" SM EACH!
    Dream BIG!
    I had a good time, wished we got into them better.

Mike

4. Left the house last weekend at 4:00 am and drove up northwest of Plain City...waited until very first light, got out of the car...looked at the water and drove back to the Scioto.

It looked like a stagnent, algea full mess, too bad, I hear there is good fishing up there when the water is actually flowing.

I'll try again some time

5. StuckAtHome

The river looked real good, if there was another foot of water, very disappointed. Next time Lower Scioto, Hocking or the nut.

6. shwookie

My stretch of the darby is perfect, recent pics of my outtings have shown this. It seems after today, it may be the only good stretch with riffles and deep pools connected.
    Scioto has been better for numbers this year though.

7. My Bad, I actually traveled up 2 weekends ago...before we got the rain...I didn't even fish last weekend for some reason or other.

8. StuckAtHome

It seems where we went its a totally different river, I know where you are talking about and its very fish-able, maybe its the terrain around there, alot of elevation changes, who knows. I do know next time out on any river I'm going to write down the GPS elevation of the start and finish, so I can compare the amount of fall per mile, geeky stuff. I wish you would have talked me into fishing your favorite spot, we would have some pics to post instead of this, lol- NEXT TIME DARN IT! Its Sunday morning and I'm VERY tired, between the dragging and the rock slide we had to drag up at the end I'm good for a week.(and my pancreas is still mad!)

9. StuckAtHome

Big Darby is flowing good!!!! 39fps thats good, right? lol

10. Bubba bass bigfoot

Bubba bass bigfoot Lucky Fisher, or skilled?

11. shwookie

read the second post lol.

12. NewbreedFishing

NewbreedFishing High Speed Angling

LOL dittio!! 13" thems for the kid's!