close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Big Walnut Today

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by tvfisherman, Apr 27, 2004.

1. Even though the weather told me not too I went down to fish below the Hoover Dam. Only one there. First time that has ever happened. Anyway, just wanted to see if the white bass were down there yet and instead got into some nice saugeye. One was only about 12" but three other we 20 and 21" and one was 25". Haven't fished much for saugeye but I think I will start to more often :D . Caught all of them on 4" silver Rapala with some bright green on the back and red at the head. All were caught in the first hour or so I was there then the clouds started breaking up and the sun came through and the fish stopped. Oh well, still a great outing even if the weather stunk. I'm gonna go stand in a hot shower now to get the feeling back in my legs after standing in that cold river for so long.

2. Wow, great job on the saugeyes. Do you usually get some white bass at the dam? With Deer Creek being up I might have to try up there for some w/b.