close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Big Walnut June 23

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by StuckAtHome, Jun 23, 2007.

1. StuckAtHome

StuckAtHome Mad SOT YAKER!

Met Float Tube Junky for the first time today, took both my yaks to the nut, a bit late since one of us slept in(not me) us older guys tend to sleep at night,lol. Also He had yak envy after he saw how easy it is to get in and out of my SOT yak, I swear he would paddle over dry land than to get in and out of the yak! Had a great time even though my wife made me get home early, so we had not allot of time, water was stained and fish a bit off, I caught about 5 fish, he caught, well, he can tell ya. I did have a couple HUGE SM flash at the lure, just makes you mad. First pic is good looking fellow with big Sm of day(15"), second is Float tube Junky doing SOMETHING...
    Next up is me in a float tube!

Attached Files:

2. what part of the nut do u fish...........i live about 2 minute around refugee rd bridge.........any holes around there...........fished that stretch north and south 4 five plus years .........cant seem 2 find any good holes............any advice is most apprieated.............mid

3. StuckAtHome

I fish it anywhere from morse road to where it dumps into the scioto, and all along there is good to great SM fishing. By gahanna its shallower, holes are easier to find, along refugee its deeper, slower, less riffles but plenty of places big SM live, but harder to spot. Rocks are the key in Walnut, rock piles on steep banks, big submerged rocks are my favorite, but you only get a couple casts but thats where the big boys like to hide. And the places everone knows below riffles where slack water meets current, eddies and any type of structure that slows the current are all good spots.
    Mike

4. FLT_TUBE_JNKY

FLT_TUBE_JNKY Uber Tuber

If I wasn't so busy taking pictures of your fish I might have caught something.lol Had a blast Mike, as long as I'm floating around I dont have to catch fish. Thank you again and as soon as I get back from Minnesota you're going out in the tube!

5. crittergitter

crittergitter Multi Species Angler

Stuck@home, that's a real nice smallie ya got there. Hey, let me know if you wanna try to pick a weekend and go up to Gambier and fish that one water system that has no fish in it. Ssshh! lol

I haven't seen a SOT in action. A friend did show me the Darby and he fished out of SIK. It looks like a really cool way to fish smallies, agile, quiet & easily manuevered. I like fishing out of my canoe, but I think the yak is the way to go. Let me know.

CG

6. StuckAtHome

Going out again Sunday morning, don't know where or who yet, but this time I have more time and I'm ready for a new spot, licking, darby or Hocking.

7. Bubba bass bigfoot

Bubba bass bigfoot Lucky Fisher, or skilled?

you know my answer, the Darby.

8. StuckAtHome

My yak buddy wants to goto the Darby Sunday Morning, same place as last time, put in at alkire, take out at 665. I would like to try a different stretch but about the same distance. Is the flow too low to go upstream and try it, or downstream? I'm not super familiar with Darby since I live on the east side, but I'm sick of the same creek, need something new, any good places to leave a vehicle at a put in and a take out? Thanks in advance.
    Mike