close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Big Walnut Aug. 18

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by StuckAtHome, Aug 18, 2007.

1. StuckAtHome

StuckAtHome Mad SOT YAKER!

Hit the Nut sat. morning by myself, SM and Rockbass tearing up cranks today. Did fairly well, caught 5 Sm over 14", biggest around 15-16". Lost a pig that thought he was a marlin, jumped stripped 15 yards of fireline 20 pound on my baitcaster that was tight, then ran at me full speed and came off. River is looking better than others around here, I got to float today! A few pics with a mom deer and 3 little ones(blurry), The concrete runoff from trucks washing out and running into the river, EPA on the case. And one Spotted bass, I caught one later that was twice the size but wifey was yelling at me from bank to get going,lol, love her!
    Mike

Attached Files:

2. FLT_TUBE_JNKY

FLT_TUBE_JNKY Uber Tuber

the Great Mike strikes again. nice fish looks like fun, and great weather for it.

3. Looks like a great morning! Was out in afternoon and fish were biting really well on top water baits. Was perfect day to be out. Great job as usual:)

4. what part of the nut did you fish.........im near refugee rd and the level looks about normal..........nice pics........mid

5. StuckAtHome

StuckAtHome Mad SOT YAKER!

I fish the Nut from below Hoover to the confluence with the Scioto, its all good fishing, lower end slower and deeper, upper shallow with a bunch of riffles with a bunch of dragging if your floating, you can't go wrong anywhere you fish.

I hit my sisters pond again tonight (Sunday) only had an hour before dark, it started raining as I was unloading so no camera, and it would have been nice to have a visual of what I caught, but I think most here don't think I lie toooo much, lol. I'm the senko wacky man as you know, got a new Pflueger baitcasting reel, man its so smooth, going to get 2 more this week I like them so much and fill them with my new love fireline crystal. Anyways fish seemed like the rain, they are already wet you know. I had most luck off the deeper cattails, and letting the senko sit still at least 30 seconds for the big guys, little ones nailed it on the first fall. Caught a dozen or so, 3 big dogs over 15 inches and one true pig LM, I had a backlash, fireline likes to dig in if you get too small diameter line, my mistake. Took me about a minute to get it out, reeling in, line was out in middle of lake not where I cast, she stripped line off like a train, thank goodness remembered the net, not hooked the best, landed her on other side of 9 acre lake, she dragged me that far. Biggest LM I ever caught, won't guess weight but she was 21 and 1/2 inches long and fat as a hog, what would be your guess? I was shocked to say the least, my sister asked if it was one of those grass carps, lol. She swam off after my nephews wanted to touch it, man I missed the camera! Saw several pods of bait fish getting slammed by smaller LM and crappies, I threw a roadrunner( thanks Misfit) at them and caught a few nice specks(crappie) and a few dink LM, then went back to senkos, I love you Gary y.!
    Mike AKA I'm not lying! LOL