close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Big Velvet 8 point

Discussion in 'Bucks and Does' started by Fish-N-Fool, Jun 29, 2005.

1. Man I saw a dandy buck yesterday evening in the bean field across from my house. I was surprised to see how much rack he has already developed because the only other bucks I've seen (a week ago) were not nearly this far along. I know they grow fast, but geeze!

He had beams that extend past his ears on each side and a solid 8 points showing. The G-2 & G-3's were already 6-8 inches each (with velvet). His rack did not yet come all the way around, but I can only imagine what he will look like come September! Too bad I still have no chance of ever hunting over there :( Sit and watch a real nice buck or two working this area every year for turture I guess :(

I saw a real nice 10 even after the end of the season last year that was HUGE in body size & I suspect this was him, but you can never be sure.

2. traphunter

traphunter Guest

Hey what county did you see him in? Since highland county got hit with the new regs. ( 3 deer limit) I want to enjoy watching them now because after deer season is over there probably wont be many deer left.:mad: I know who I could blame for this but I will just keep my fingers still for lack or arguments sake.:rolleyes:

3. BigChessie

BigChessie BIG PIMPIN' "GIGELO"

Ya should try to get some nice pics, I know I would enjoy seeing them. I'm hoping to get my deer cams put out soon and some feeders will go up right before fall hits.

4. Trap -

It is Clark County - I live just outside Springfield. There are lots of deer, coyotes, and now even some turkey. The owner does not allow hunting, although I saw 2 guys in there last gun season (probably relatives).

I've done all I can trust me. No need to hash out the details, but his elderly parents live across the road and I've done a lot for them. I will never hunt there.

I guess I'll just settle for watching out my living room.

Chessie - I have never tried to take pictures; they are typically a few hundred yards out. Sometimes they get close, but rarely. We have nice binocs sitting on the fireplace we watch them with - been seeing lots of skin heads lately, then this big dude.

5. BigChessie

BigChessie BIG PIMPIN' "GIGELO"

I'm looking at getting a spotting scope with the adapter that will attach a camera to it. I'm currenty looking for the adapter that allows you to use a telescope, if I can't find it I'll have to break down and get the spotting scope. I already have a telescope so it would be cheaper to just find the adapter lol

6. we were at mohican state park this weekend and we saw a small bodied buck that had a impressive start on good rack.main beams only about 8inches long and almost the size of a baseball.he looked like he might have been around 120 pounds.

i`m going to get my cams out this weekend and with anyluck we`l get some good velvet shots.

Bub

7. I Think It Was Back In The Eighties....clark Co.held The State Record For The Biggest Racked Deer....

8. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

I got a couple pics of bucks this weekend. One was farily nice, looks like he will have a nice rack. Speaking of pics of nice racks, went to the beach and took some pics of women in bikinis with nice rac......... Well you get the idea! :D

9. Carpn

Carpn BOWFISHERMAN

Been seeing some nice deer around. Specially on the evenings of the days that it not 90 out.
    TRAPHUNTER- Don't worry bout em shooting all the deer. I hunt some countys that've been three deer for a number of yrs and still see the same numbers as when it was 2.

10. If I could hunt over there I would have a GREAT chance of taking this big dude early in the season. he is bedding at least a few nights a week in a thin 40 yard wide strip of woods that borders a neighboorhood. He came out
    at 7 pm yesterday and made his usual trek down the edge of the fenceline (into the wind) and into the large woods a 1,000 yards off the road.

He remains an 8 pointer, but he is getting very tall G-2 and G-3's. Also looks to be massive, but velvet always make them appear thick.