Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Konfused Kayaker
5,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some idiotic reason before heading out saturday, we stopped at Dick's Sporting Goods in Garfield Heights. They had only 2 trolling rods on the shelf,
hardly any stinger spoons and NO dipsey divers. My girl asked the manager wazzup? and he said "Y'know, I had this same problem last year...."
What a friggin rocket scientist.
Went to Shine's sunday, Mike had everything, including spoons in all the popular patterns. I always say it's better to support the smaller Mom & Pop places,
I shoulda known better....;)

·
Defensor Fortis
4,386 Posts
Our Dicks in Niles has hardly any spoons left either. Not fishing, but on that same token, I love how the BIG stores never have slugs around deer season but have tons of buckshot that no one really uses.

·
Registered
963 Posts
I had a bit of a unbiased opionion of shines until earlier this year I had a dead battery and called him from Gordon park. He had a battery to sell and I asked him if he took debit cards and said no and that I could just pay him the next time I was in. Luckily I had the cash on me to buy it. Not many people including me would probably trust someone to bring $80 "the next time". Het is right, cheapest spoons in the area

If you want to see a joke for fishing stock go to the N Canton Gander Mountain

·
761 Posts
And they raised the prices on what they do have - seems like they must have come under new management? They do have plenty of SeaFoam on the shelves now, and will for a while at $6.69 a can.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Mike is a great guy. What other bait store would tell you on the phone that the fish aren't biting. He has the cheapest shiners in town & gives solid advice. I'll be there in the morning. Gonna try for perch before the eyes. He has emeralds still , right? Anyone bought any over the weekend ? Anyone going out tuesday ? I'll have the radio on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts