close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Big Storm!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Big Daddy, May 21, 2004.

1. NICE STORM!!! If you can, check out channel 3 and watch the storm swallow up Cleveland! It was cool! I sure as heck hope no one was out on the lake in that!
    I was "live" as it rolled through Akron right outside the studios downtown. It was wild.

Carl

2. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

I agree with that, man, that storm came from nowhere and swallowed Erie damn quick!

Checking it out on intellicast.com just now, looks like a fireball or flame thrashing across the state....all you guys east take cover! Serious winds at the edge of this one!

3. Lewis

Lewis ORIGINAL TEAM OGF

I am currently stuck at home!
    There is a very large tree and power lines across our road.
    That storm kicked our asses here in Doylestown.
    Man...talk about midnight...and some wild winds.

4. Hang in there Lewis!!!!

Carl

5. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

Yep, you know when you see that greenish glow on the front that some serious weather is coming. There is a big tree laying on some poor guys car up the street from me....luckily its passed me but now I have debris all over the yard.

6. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

yea what a storm i was on the way to dads when it let loose sung by knox lake hope that wasn't any of you guys at the ramp or on the lake. Saw some impressive lightning and hail big hail. Stayed out at dads while storm came threw and it was something. Kid drove by on a crotch rocket we put his bike in the garage and let him in the house, he was very thankfull said the hail was starting to hurt. Looks like another one is coming threw tonight around midnight, this is really messing up my weekend off fishing plans. Hope everyone is ok. Dad just got a new roof on his old addition at the end of winter and he had water coming threw the roof and the ceiling fan and in the closet he is not happy....

7. catking

catking Banned

Columbus and Dayton are getting battered right now. It's hot and clear down here in Cincinnati ;) We haven't had our annual nasty storm that Cincinnati is known for. We have had 2 f-5 tornado pass this way in the past few years. CATKING

8. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

it peter'd out fast in Canton. It was cool to see, but I thought it was going to hit harder.

flash-------------------------------------out

9. My rain gauge says 3.25" (southern Morrow County). Driveway is under water. The little creek on our property looks like the Colorado River. Columbus is supposed to get up to 6" when all is said & done. WOW!

10. I hope no one planned on fishing a river any time soon!

11. Worm Drowner

Worm Drowner Banned

Eh! After having been through a couple of hurricanes, this hardly rates on the scale. Actually the worst storm I remember wasn't a hurricane but the July 4th, 1969 storm that hit Cleveland. Now that was a nasty one!

12. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

I was out on Erie at Conneaut with my mother, BUT, I knew it was coming by listening to the marine radio and got off of the lake with over an hour to spare.

I told two guys going out the channel as I was going in about the pending storm, they said they knew all about it and would be fine. A 16 ft deep V Basstracker with no radio, I tried to tell them again, but they just blew it off. I hope they weren't far from the habor when it hit.

Kim

13. bassn317

bassn317 Casual Fisherman

Storms hit pretty good here in Barberton. I have a tarp patch on my roof where a 10 ft x 10ft section of shingles just rolled up. I finally found a contractor to come and put the temporary patch on until he can come out and fix it right. Luckily the tar paper remained intack and so far not water got in. My neighbor in the back has a big oak tree in his swimming pool. Luckily it missed his house.

Sure hope the patch holds until I get a permanent fix.

But my damage is nothing like what I am seeing on TV. I feel fortunate.

14. JV1

JV1

downed trees, power out in half the county, no running water :-( due to power outage at the pump houses, and a flooded garden, yep.... it was a good one

15. Wannabitawerm

Wannabitawerm Flatulent Entreprenuer

We were real lucky in Elyria. Oberlin and Wellington got some damage and flooding. The only damage around here was one of the neighbors' houses was struck by lightning. Looks to be some serious damage. Rumor has it the guys got nada for insurance. That's the risk you take, I guess. Hope everyone who has damage can get it straightened out and back to normal soon. Than God no one was hurt. :cool:

16. JakeFr5150

JakeFr5150 Mr. Bug Rod

Man, that was one hell of a storm. Was at work when about 4 PM I looked up and the sky was clear, but like 2 minutes later the sky was pitch black. Looked out the window toward the storms and there was an awesome looking rolling mass of clouds - Kind of reminds you of movies where there are explosions in elevator shafts or something. The wind was blowing so hard, it had some of the spindly trees in front of the building doubled over with the tops touching the ground. Was expecting them to be uprooted they way they looked. About a minute after the wind started, we lost power and sat in the dark for an hour. The storm cleared out pretty quick though. Man, it was something else though. Driving home, there were tree limbs and branches all over the roads. I had to make a few quick maneuvers to avoid some BIG branches 'eh. That footage of Cleveland on the news was something else - Reminds me of those movies where a massive title wave is supposed to engulf San Francisco or something. Totally Bizarre indeed!

Jake

17. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

as of 930 the flood waters are still coming up in my yard. it's getting pretty serious. water has risen about 1 or 1-1/2 ft just today. wish i could figure out where it is baked up and not flowing.

18. bassn317

bassn317 Casual Fisherman

The city of Barberton is difficult to get around in right now. Wooster road over by the old PPG is under water. Barber road and Norton Avenue by the High School is under water, and Norton Ave. up by the old Midwest Rubber is close to under water. All seem to be due to the continual rising of Wolf Creek. I'm still waiting for an insurance team to come in the next week to decide how much of my roof they will cover. The bad area is 10 x 10 but their are a lot more lose shingles. It's covered real good (I hope) for now. I had a contractor do it but it is still worrysome as we just redid all the ceilings, walls. and new carpet two weeks ago the living room right below the patch. I really feel for those that are going through this (flooding) for the umpteenth time. My sump pump ran this morning for the 1st time ever since we've owned the house. We need to detour any future storms heading into this area for awhile.

Big Daddy, you know that snow dance you do? Can you conjure up a non-rain dance?

19. JakeFr5150

JakeFr5150 Mr. Bug Rod

Yeah, doesn't seem like the flooding will subside soon either. Supposedly we may get another good shot of rain again tonight. Just from driving around today, I saw MANY yards with what looked like could be 1 foot of standing water in yards with sunken down spots. Drove by the Tuscarawas River, the Ohio & Erie Canal, and the Cuyahoga River today - all looked like raging rapids through the Willy Wonka chocolate factory or something. Supposedly the Cuyahoga is 6 ft over flood stage and rising. Don't know about the other two. Saw the 6 o'clock news on ch. 3 - lots of flooded out roads all over the place. I really feel for those of you that have to deal with this mess.

Jake

20. katfish

katfish Cats are where it's at!

Lewis

Sorry you got stuck at home.

You should have went fishing with me. You could have learned to drive in hailstorms and how to hydroplane :eek:

[​IMG]

Neither rain nor hail nor cranky wives will keep catmen from making their appointed rounds!

On the good side our adverse weather and water training went without incident :D