close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Big stealhead caught at conniaut

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by THE CASTING KID, Nov 11, 2007.

1. THE CASTING KID

THE CASTING KID "KATIE" (JUNIOR MEMBER)

My family and I went stealhead fishing today up on Lake Erie at Conniaut. It was really cold and windy. But that didn't stop me. I just put on half my closet full of clothes and went fishing anyway. I was the only one who caught anything. It was a tough day of fishing. We weren't even seeing other people catch anything. But I managed to catch MOBY- DICK anyway. IT WAS AWSOME!!!!!! She wouldn't quit fighting. Every time she'd get even near the boat, you would hear my drag scream buuuuuuuuuuuzzzzz! This went on for about 12-15 minutes. Man can they strip the old line quick. By the time I got her in the boat even I was worn out. She was HUGE! :D She was around 6lbs and 26in. Even though this fish was not my personal best it was a blast to catch and it was a beast. Two weeks ago at Conniaut I caught one 2lbs bigger. This fish had beautiful rainbow color and went around 29in. It weighed in on the scales at around 8lbs.:B Does anyone know how big a stealhead will grow in Ohio? How big do you have to have for a fish of Ohio? Still looking for a 30 inchers.

2. congrats on the steely ive got a 32in mounted and the record i do belive is 37 and 20lbs actually caught off conn. it was in a case in snug harbor dont hold me to the stats but i do know it was the state record good luck catching some more this rain is helping alot