close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Big smallies

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by LMRcatman, Aug 23, 2007.

1. hit the LMR tonight fishing from milford bridge and down a way. fished from about 6-8 and caught about 10 bass almost all stacked in one spot. four fish were over 2 pounds and one was over three. all caught on a neon orange grub and jig.

If anyone has any pointers on where the cats are in markland pool it would be appreciated.

2. sevenx

sevenx "I sat by the river" N.Mc

Sounds like a great day, congrats s

3. I fish the LMR near milford bridge, havent been "down" the river. seems to be too many rapids and not any pools of water. I havent walked too far down. Are there any decent locations to fish from the bank down further? thanks for any info.

4. carxman17

carxman17 cincinnati fishaholic

hey lmrcatman I am from loveland I live 100 yards from little miami. I have never fished it. I love to bass fish & would love to learn to fish the river. maybe we can hook up sometime.

5. Nice to see healthy fish like that coming out of the river.

6. anyone else see any fish this size or bigger come from the LMR this year.If so I would love to see them.

7. LMRsmallmouth

LMRsmallmouth LMR Master Angler

See my post from 8/21......

8. xmatthewx

xmatthewx facebook.com/xmsdx8

it seems as though everyone fishes the lmr... and not much of anyone fishes the gmr. nice fish though.

9. yeah and the great miami has a higher population of bigger smallmouth

10. xmatthewx

xmatthewx facebook.com/xmsdx8

yeah i fish the gmr all the time. i've pulled some real nice smallies out of there.

11. Unfortunately, the only one I've seen that size this year jumped a couple of times and then spit my craw right in my face and swam away. But, they're in there and bigger. I've heard good things about the GMR too. I'd like to get up there sometime this fall.

12. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Wow those are really some amazing LMR smallies! Grats!